You guys know the Seattle Cascades folded...

WHEN did I say I didn't support the Cascades?

I've been to all their shows, donated money to them, even bought a soprano at an outrageous cost from them at silent auction a few years ago.

Now, I'm hoping they reform as well. I'm just stating that I'm worried that the PNW corps may shrivel and die if we don't have a "world class" corps up here.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from the Argonaut forums at yahoo....(most argo's now run the O.C.)

Cascades sold 100 horns

Those were G horns.

Inactive means they are fiscally responsible, and have made tough decisions.

Folded means that they ran it till the wheels fell off. Crash and Burn.

Major difference.

My vote: Close Topic.

Inactive = folded, my friend (who isn't marching THIS year! grrrr!)

Even if you call it "folded for a year".

Usually, a year off results in fiascos like the Troopers, or Valley Fever. From top of the class, to struggling just to put a corps on the road.

I wasn't aware that the troopers were struggling to fill their corps after taking the year off. I distinctly remember them being bigger than a number of world class corps last year and I know that they are even bigger than that this year. I remember them having something like 30 horns in 2005 (i.e before they took a year off) and then having 64 in 2007 (i.e after taking a year off) and now I believe they are marching 66 or 72 in the brass line.... I think taking the year off ended up being the best thing for them.... it could very well be the best thing to happen to the cascades too.

Quote from the Argonaut forums at yahoo....(most argo's now run the O.C.)

Cascades sold 100 horns

So what?

They could mean a variety of things.... Besides, they were planning on getting rid of them this year anyway to buy new ones

Those were G horns.

Inactive means they are fiscally responsible, and have made tough decisions.

Folded means that they ran it till the wheels fell off. Crash and Burn.

Major difference.

My vote: Close Topic.

So, as this seems to be the consensus of the definition--Freelancers never folded, but are just inactive???? Star of Indiana is just inactive???? I personally would consider both of these corps folded......

So, as this seems to be the consensus of the definition--Freelancers never folded, but are just inactive???? Star of Indiana is just inactive???? I personally would consider both of these corps folded......

Freelancers have an existing competitive winter drumline. Do note that the organization is celebrating their 75th Anniversary this year.

Star only left the competitive drum corps arena to pursue other interests.

Both organizations still have their websites up. Check 'em out.

http://www.freelancers.org

http://www.starofindiana.org

Now, as far as the Cascades are concerned, according to this site, they hope to return in 2009.

Edited by Wildabeast

Freelancers have an existing competitive winter drumline. Do note that the organization is celebrating their 75th Anniversary this year.

Star only left the competitive drum corps arena to pursue other interests.

Both organizations still have their websites up. Check 'em out.

http://www.freelancers.org

http://www.starofindiana.org

Ummmm......which is exactly my point. They are folded corps, but the organizations are still healthy and active. They are not "inactive" corps. They are folded.

By the connotations that people are relaying here, they are saying that folded corps are folded only when the organization goes "BOOM", which is not the case.

• 1 year later...

They're back.