Bushwackers Memorial Day Weekend

The Bushwackers are looking forward to a very special Memorial Day Weekend!

A Bushwacker Memorial Day Weekend always has a serious side: working hard at rehearsals and honoring those who gave their lives in service to our country, but it is also a fun weekend that includes a BBQ and preview of the new show for alumni, family, and friends. And, the famous annual Bush Bowl-A-Thon will be part of the weekend this year.

The Bush Bowl-A-Thon will be Saturday night. The Bush Bowl-A-Thon is one our oldest annual fundraising events, and that’s probably because it is so much fun. We raise a little money, and drumcorps members and staff get to do something fun together other than drumcorps. Alumni, friends, and family are all welcome.

The Preview of the 2008 Show (“Gypsodic!”) and BBQ will take place at Veterans Park in Ridgefield, NJ on Sunday afternoon and evening. We are very excited about our show, and the “preview” that we do each Memorial Day Weekend is always an eagerly anticipated event. After months of working on the show, the “preview” is a chance to perform it in front of an audience, and we hope you can be there.

The “preview” is always followed by a great BBQ, and this year’s BBQ is dedicated to our alumni (which is appropriate since much of the food and cooking will be supplied by alumni). Also, we will be announcing plans to further honor our alumni with the establishment of a Bushwacker Hall of Fame.

We hope you can join us at the Bowl-A-Thon and/or at the “preview”/BBQ or at some other point during the weekend. Look below this message for directions and other information, and please visit http://www.bushwackers.org for more information about the Bushwackers.

BOWL-A-THON INFORMATION:

Saturday May 24th at 8pm

Parkway Lanes

200 US Highway 46

Elmwood Park, NJ 07407

$14 per person includes 3 games and shoe rental!

Raffle Drawings and fun for all!

Please contact Katie Weaver to RSVP: katie012478@aol.com

BBQ and Preview of “Gypsodic!”

Sunday May 25th 3pm - 8pm

Veterans Park

Ridgefield Park, NJ

Alumni, family, and friends are welcome! Beer, Soda, Food, Chili Cook Off and Raffle Drawings!

Directions - Veterans Park, Ridgefield Park, NJ

From I-95 Traveling North:

Follow thru the toll plaza 18W

Take the Challenger Rd exit - Exit # 68

At end of ramp take a right onto Challenger Rd at the stop sign

Pass the movie theater on the left

Take a right at the next street which is Emerson St and take this road over the expressway.

At light, Teaneck Road, take a right

Take Teaneck Road to next stop light at Mt. Vernon St

Take a right at Mt. Vernon St.

Take next left, Overpeck Ave

Take next right, Morningside Ln

There should be a sign right there for Veterans Park.

From Rt 80 Traveling East:

Exit 68A - I95 South

Take the US-46W exit - Exit # 68

Keep right at the first fork in the ramp to Emerson St

From the GW Bridge I95 Traveling South:

Merge onto I-95 S

Take the US-46W exit - Exit # 68

Keep right at the first fork in the ramp to Emerson St

From Rt 46 Eastbound:

Take the Turnpike South/Teaneck Rd exit off of Rt 46

Take a right onto Teaneck Road

Take Teaneck Road to second stop light at Mt. Vernon St

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's our 27th year, and it's post #27 for that name.

Prepared to be very shocked at the show come June!

After attending the BBQ and show preview, I can safely say that this year's Bushwacker show has the potential to be outstanding!

You all have never seen this type of music performed on the field before, and I honestly don't know how this stuff has never been done before...it's really cool, and FUN. The crowd is gonna dig this show!!

The color guard is a step above last year's guard ALREADY, which is a feat in itself, and the drumline is better than I've EVER seen them (since 1994). The horns are rockin' as usual, and tied in with the visual program, could be a contender for a top spot at DCA's again!!

Thanks to everyone that came out for the BBQ this past weekend. It really was a lot of fun, it was very well organized, and the chili cookoff (which I won by the way :laughing: ), was a GREAT addition to an already wonderful tradition.

If you need a place to march this summer, come down to Bush. You'll be really glad you did.

27? Not this year.

http://www.bushwackers.org

Gonna be a great year. :laughing:

I still think the chili judge stunk. :sigh:

The judge stunk no worst than your chili!!

And the reports are true, my friends. The 27th anniversary (our super special anniversary) edition of the Bushwackers will entertain!

Yes, the book this year is definitely competitive and demanding. The work ethic from the corps this weekend was BEYOND remarkable. I love the approach people are giving out this season.

I keep on getting more drum corps chills within the ensemble. Kudos to the percussion ensemble. They are on fire!

I can't forget the guard. They really know how to spice up the show with so much of their energy!!

We'll make sure everyone in DCA is dancing in the stands! 493.png909.png1105.png967.png

Certainly a crowd pleaser! :laughing:

Edited by Mike De Franco

What's more than that Mike, is that this year's brass book is really CHALLENGING. Ya know, something you actually NEED to take home and practice.

I mean, all the years at Bush I marched, the music was tough, but this year's book is MEATY and tough. Just like Jerome's chili.

Unlike Jerome's chili though, this show is not hard to swallow.

I said show. :sigh:

But seriously...brass players that want a good challenge should go to the next Bush camp. REALLY. :laughing:

What's more than that Mike, is that this year's brass book is really CHALLENGING. Ya know, something you actually NEED to take home and practice.

I mean, all the years at Bush I marched, the music was tough, but this year's book is MEATY and tough. Just like Jerome's chili.

Unlike Jerome's chili though, this show is not hard to swallow.

I said show. :tongue:

But seriously...brass players that want a good challenge should go to the next Bush camp. REALLY. :laughing:

I really dig the show.Its challenging, and original(not like Mr Hormel/Bumo27).j/k

your chili was the best. :sigh:

Seriously though.The corps looked and sounded excellent.You know if I can find some way to do it...........

Watch out. :sigh: