ROCHESTER, NY / 4th of July Weekend!

Ah yes...my evil plot was successful!!!

:smile:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really starting to get pumped about the alumni performance at the Rochester show!

Saturday's rehearsal with the alumni was really a special, special thing, and to think it was only a rehearsal!

Seeing old friends I've marched with and meeting alumni from pre2000s was really amazing.

Hearing the stories, and reflecting on Statesmen past, and seeing some great people/players poping back from no where was inspiring. I saw ALOT of people that I really miss this weekend, and getting to perform with them again should be a BLAST!

My section recently did a neat thing: After rehearsal we all met at one of our player's houses and watched the tapes of each of our "rookie" years, and some of the championship years too. It was in our hopes to show the new members what a huge and amaizng expirience this activity can be. It got our section talking alot about the corps' history, too!

I'm really starting to get pumped about the alumni performance at the Rochester show!

Saturday's rehearsal with the alumni was really a special, special thing, and to think it was only a rehearsal!

Seeing old friends I've marched with and meeting alumni from pre2000s was really amazing.

Hearing the stories, and reflecting on Statesmen past, and seeing some great people/players poping back from no where was inspiring. I saw ALOT of people that I really miss this weekend, and getting to perform with them again should be a BLAST!

My section recently did a neat thing: After rehearsal we all met at one of our player's houses and watched the tapes of each of our "rookie" years, and some of the championship years too. It was in our hopes to show the new members what a huge and amaizng expirience this activity can be. It got our section talking alot about the corps' history, too!

and thats were sucess lies. in the corps history. it brings up the old tradition and pride and that is how you succed. back in the day we would talk the history and show pics and films and it got everybody all psyked up. it's was great. do more of that and this will be your year. you will turn on like a light bulb and shine all summer. go for it :ninja::ph34r:

010.jpg

Home needed.

I want one of these bears! The first Hobart from the Statesmen to call me gets my order!

Only a few weeks left till the big Rochester Show!! The center reserved section is almost sold out!!!! Call the office right away if you want reserved center section seating (with a seat back)... that alone is worth the ticket price!!

There are plenty of general seating tickets available. Call the Statesmen office at 585-266-2232 today to get yours!!

The Empire Statesmen are planning a big blow out over the 4th of July Weekend in Rochester. 1st we will start with the 4th of July Parade and enjoy the company of many many of our Alumni. All are welcome to jump back in line for the big parade. Then we are planning a special Alumni evening (more info will be announced privately) and then the big day will come!!

SATURDAY, JULY 5, 2008 / THE VINCE BRUNI PREVIEW OF CHAMPIONS

Growney Stadium / St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY

Gates open at 6pm / SHOW TIME 7PM

$18.00 Reserved Seating

$15.00 General Seating

Call the Statesmen office at 585-266-2232 for tickets. More info is also available on our web site at http://www.statesmen.org

The show will open with our very own Empire Cadets and then after 25 years in the making we will end with the 25th Anniversary Empire Statesmen All-Star Alumni Corps! This is something you don't want to miss.

Just wanted to say that I thought the Alumni did a great job at rehearsal. There wasn't much time for current members to chat with Alumni but I had a chance to at least say hello to a few.

Can't wait to see how many Alumni will be able to make it the 4th of July weekend!

Even if you don't want to pick up an instrument you should attend and come down to the field and stand with us. It is going to be great!

Russ