Cap Sound

Just noticed on the Capital Sound website that they are going inactive for 2008.

Sad day...best of luck on a quick return!!

Edited by ItsOnTheField

What the...? They were going good from what I could see.

Geez...another corps. Well, let's see if they can make it work next season.

Good luck Cap!!!

Tom...

Thanks for your kind words.

As for what happened, well...it was a sort of, "perfect storm" of circumstances and events that all converged at one creating one big problem. Individually they could have been handled fairly easily, but collectively put us in a position where we had to consider the membership, and the long-term stability of the organization.

First off, as our press statement says (check out DCI.org, or here soon), finances are not the reason for this decision, neither is membership. Both of those areas are solid (although, are finanaces ever really solid?). I won't go into specifics here...however, I want to make sure everyone knows that the only consideration was our members, and the experience they will get in drum corps.

Now...some specifics on the future of the corps:

1. We are not selling off equipment, or having any sort of, "Fire Sale."

2. We are getting ready to work with high school/middle school directors in the Southern Wisconsin area to strengthen our local base of membership and support.

3. We have identified the ways to rectify what happened, and are implementing a plan that will prevent any future issues.

4. Our recruiting campaign for '09 has been developed, and will begin at our home show in August.

5. We are all DETERMINED to make the corps successful, and to be an example of how to re-emerge from a year off stronger and a more solid organization.

Having to make a decision like this is not easy. However, from this bit of adversity I am confident we can overcome and prosper. No, making it happen in not something that occurs often in our activity. There are a lot of corps that want to return, but just can't make it happen.

We, however, will not be one of those corps.

Thanks for listening.

Marc,

I'm really sorry to hear that we will not be able to see Capital Sound on the field this year. I wish you all the best as you work for a strong return in 2009.

I really hope that your members consider participating in some way this summer, be it marching elsewhere, volunteering, or assisting the corps with fundraising, or any other activities. All my best.

This is a shame.

Best of luck with next year

Tom...

Thanks for your kind words.

As for what happened, well...it was a sort of, "perfect storm" of circumstances and events that all converged at one creating one big problem. Individually they could have been handled fairly easily, but collectively put us in a position where we had to consider the membership, and the long-term stability of the organization.

First off, as our press statement says (check out DCI.org, or here soon), finances are not the reason for this decision, neither is membership. Both of those areas are solid (although, are finanaces ever really solid?). I won't go into specifics here...however, I want to make sure everyone knows that the only consideration was our members, and the experience they will get in drum corps.

Now...some specifics on the future of the corps:

1. We are not selling off equipment, or having any sort of, "Fire Sale."

2. We are getting ready to work with high school/middle school directors in the Southern Wisconsin area to strengthen our local base of membership and support.

3. We have identified the ways to rectify what happened, and are implementing a plan that will prevent any future issues.

4. Our recruiting campaign for '09 has been developed, and will begin at our home show in August.

5. We are all DETERMINED to make the corps successful, and to be an example of how to re-emerge from a year off stronger and a more solid organization.

Having to make a decision like this is not easy. However, from this bit of adversity I am confident we can overcome and prosper. No, making it happen in not something that occurs often in our activity. There are a lot of corps that want to return, but just can't make it happen.

We, however, will not be one of those corps.

Thanks for listening.

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I talked to a staff member from Fever last night, and this is almost the exact plan of action they're taking, so here's to hoping two great corps will be back for '09.

Good luck to you and to your members!

GO MARCH PIONEER! Great corps. Great experience to be had. Sorry to hear about it Capital. Here's to a return in 09!

GO MARCH PIONEER! Great corps. Great experience to be had. Sorry to hear about it Capital. Here's to a return in 09!

DITTO! The experience at Pioneer is one-of-a-kind. Any of you may be sitting on the fence within shouting distance to Milwaukee would do yourselves a favor by becoming a part of the Pio family. You'll be glad to wear plaid!