Cap sound inactive for 2008

Another one done for '08. Thoughts?

Their members should check out Pioneer

My $.02

That really stinks

CRAP :shutup::rock::sad:

in before they move this to the OC forum where far less people will see it.... :thumbup:

There's actually a thread already there for this.

Too bad, Capitol Sound. Hopefully you come back strong next year.

For those who still want to march, I agree with ouooga, go march Pioneer.

This is sad news indeed. I wish them the best, and hope they return next season. I also hope their members consider marching elsewhere this season. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a corps that couldn't use a couple of additional bodies. And if you decide not to march, consider hopping on tour for a couple of weeks with a corps to volunteer. There is not a corps out there that has too many volunteers.

Tom...

Thanks for your kind words.

As for what happened, well...it was a sort of, "perfect storm" of circumstances and events that all converged at one creating one big problem. Individually they could have been handled fairly easily, but collectively put us in a position where we had to consider the membership, and the long-term stability of the organization.

First off, as our press statement says (check out DCI.org, or here soon), finances are not the reason for this decision, neither is membership. Both of those areas are solid (although, are finanaces ever really solid?). I won't go into specifics here...however, I want to make sure everyone knows that the only consideration was our members, and the experience they will get in drum corps.

Now...some specifics on the future of the corps:

1. We are not selling off equipment, or having any sort of, "Fire Sale."

2. We are getting ready to work with high school/middle school directors in the Southern Wisconsin area to strengthen our local base of membership and support.

3. We have identified the ways to rectify what happened, and are implementing a plan that will prevent any future issues.

4. Our recruiting campaign for '09 has been developed, and will begin at our home show in August.

5. We are all DETERMINED to make the corps successful, and to be an example of how to re-emerge from a year off stronger and a more solid organization.

Having to make a decision like this is not easy. However, from this bit of adversity I am confident we can overcome and prosper. No, making it happen in not something that occurs often in our activity. There are a lot of corps that want to return, but just can't make it happen.

We, however, will not be one of those corps.

Thanks for listening.

Just wanted to post this here, along with being on the Open Class Page...

There is a page on this in the Open Class Forum

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=112332