Changes in DCP-I captions....

As most of you are aware, DCI has decided to go with only 5 judges for the first part of the season. This has caused us to also go to 5 judges for the same time. As a result, the point limits have changed. From the beginning of the season til July 4th (or whenever DCI goes back to the standard judging) the point break down will be as follows:

Division 1 - 81 points

Division 2 - 63 points

Division 3 - 47 points

Let me explain how I got to those numbers. Lets do division 1 for instance....

Old system... Div 1 = 130 points, so 130/8 (total number of captions) = 16.25 points per caption. So 16.25x5 (total number of captions) = 81.25 which rounded is 81 points. Same formula for the other divisions.

So, once DCI changes back to the normal captions, you will go back to the normal points (130, 100, 75). This will require EVERYONE to submit a new caption set when DCI changes back over!!

It may be a bit ragged around this time, but this was thrown on us so late in the off time, so we will do our best to continue to make this the best fantasy system on the internets. We will release more details once we get everything ironed out.

As of right now the caption selections have been updated for DCP-I 10, but please DO NOT BEGIN SUBMITING CAPTIONS YET!!! We are still testing the system for the new captions. But you can go and try to begin putting your captions together, just do not submit them!!

Ill do my best to answer any questions you may have.....

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

So 16.25 x 5 = 62.25

:tongue: Uhhh...

Seriously, though, I see your intent. I don't think anyone's expecting it to be flawless, we realize how "late in the game" this DCI curveball is. Has DCI announced how the captions are being handled in the five-judge system?

Look forward to assembling my captions...

Seriously, though, I see your intent. I don't think anyone's expecting it to be flawless, we realize how "late in the game" this DCI curveball is. Has DCI announced how the captions are being handled in the five-judge system?

This is what I saw on another thread but don't hold me to it. Anyone know if this legit?

The 5 members judging panel will consist of:

Music Effect (20 Points)

Visual Effect (20 Points)

Music Ensemble (20 Points)

Visual Ensemble (20 Points)

Percussion 2 (20 Points)

Simple way to deal with this- pick a set of captions and don't change until the 5th.

This is what I saw on another thread but don't hold me to it. Anyone know if this legit?

The 5 members judging panel will consist of:

Music Effect (20 Points)

Visual Effect (20 Points)

Music Ensemble (20 Points)

Visual Ensemble (20 Points)

Percussion 2 (20 Points)

I believe that is the way it will be: no field judges, all in the press box.

So, basically, they eliminated the visual performance, color guard, and brass judge, and moved the main percussion judge to the secondary spot (upstairs).

Sorry, I was looking at the Div 2 points when I did that :P

Simple way to deal with this- pick a set of captions and don't change until the 5th.

Only being allowed to change a certain amount of captions per week, does not really allow you to do that--unless you want to set yourself up for a crunch in the end. Being able to pick your base captions early season and changing few captions throughout is helpful. I always like to set my GE captions earlier on, because it gives me a chance to play with the performance captions that change drastically.

However, this 5 judge thing will allow us all to see where corps are, before we submit the remaining three captions.

My suggestion, pick the best set of captions that you can with this limited budget.

Just wanted to reiterate.... you start the season with 81 points... then on July 4th or 5th or whenever DCI goes back to standard judging, you go back up to 130 points. Just wanted to make sure that was clear.

At that point of the season, wouldn't have gotten our first salary cap increase? When the jump happens, will it then go to 131, 101, 76?

Ahh, good point Bill... yes, if a point increase happens before the switch over (which im sure it will), it will go to 131, 101, 76.