Excelsior goes to NYSSMA

Well not to compete...but rather we will be there in support of one of our own members.

The 2008 NYSSMA festival will be held this weekend Guilderland High School, in Guilderland, NY and entered in the trumpet solo evaluation category will be Excelsiors own Daulton Mysliwiec.

Daulton has been a member of Excelsior for 2 years. Now in the 8th grade, Daulton will be playing a grade 5 solo. Daulton is one of several members in the corps from the Mechanicville School District. Daulton currently sits first chair in his middle school concert band. Daultons band and music teacher, Mr. Michael Jeffery has said that Daulton has shown considerable improvement and growth since his involvement with the drum corps.

We are all very proud of him.

Wow! Level 5 solo at 8th grade :tongue: that's awesome.

Best of luck to you!

At this rate you'll be doing All-State level solos soon. And I definately recommend auditioning for All-State your 10th grade year, it was the best band experience I've ever had, and it looks GREAT on college applications. Plus you get out of school for 2 days :thumbup: .

Thanks Steve,

I will pass on your message. We are all hopeful that Daulton will continue on in his quest for All-county, All-state, and of course to find his way to DCI and beyond.

Daulton scored a 22 out of a possible 28 and the judges made positive comments on his tone, control, and projection on this piece. One of the judges questioned the piece as a level 5, as he thought it was of considerable difficulty and perhaps should have been level 6. This was a solid performance and we are all proud of him.

Edited by Excelsior PR Manager

Well not to compete...but rather we will be there in support of one of our own members.

The 2008 NYSSMA festival will be held this weekend Guilderland High School, in Guilderland, NY and entered in the trumpet solo evaluation category will be Excelsiors own Daulton Mysliwiec.

Daulton has been a member of Excelsior for 2 years. Now in the 8th grade, Daulton will be playing a grade 5 solo. Daulton is one of several members in the corps from the Mechanicville School District. Daulton currently sits first chair in his middle school concert band. Daultons band and music teacher, Mr. Michael Jeffery has said that Daulton has shown considerable improvement and growth since his involvement with the drum corps.

We are all very proud of him.

That is impressive, Donel (I presume). Daulton has come a long way in a few short years. Congratulate him for me!

How's it going with the 2008 competitive plans? Anxious to see you guys on the field.