The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

I predicted they would finish top 3. I have not seen them this year at all. My prediction was purely optimistic. Do I feel ashamed for making this prediction, NO. I predict they will win tonight. So there... :lookaround:

It was you??? The man who made my cool banner for me?? Really, no worries about it from me. I just don't remember reading that in this thread. I thought I read all of it. I know you are a huge Scouts homer - just watch out for TB and a few others, they may eat you up :thumbup:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was you??? The man who made my cool banner for me?? Really, no worries about it from me. I just don't remember reading that in this thread. I thought I read all of it. I know you are a huge Scouts homer - just watch out for TB and a few others, they may eat you up :thumbup:

I don't think I predicted anything in THIS thread. It was in the Rockford show thread. And, Me No Fear TB and others. This is just DCP - not really that important. :lookaround:

I'm sure by the end of the season the show will flow , but right now, no, it lacks continuity, especially the music package. Didn't they just learn a chunk of new music? Why was that? Overall they're in better shape than last year for sure and I look for a strong July out this corps.

How many times have you heard the show or seen them this year??

Your question "Didn't they just learn a chunk of new music? Why was that?" is a great question. I was shocked when I learned that and have been wondering the same thing.

I don't understand the captions anymore at all.

- Scouts beat Colts and BStars(destroying Blue Stars) in Visual GE, placing 3rd.

- Scouts also got annhialated in the Visual caption, placing last, miles behind the compeition. (and by "miles" I mean like 2 points)

Sorry: but if it really is #s in the guard that is holding them back, there's something wrong with the system. #s should NEVER matter.

How many times have you heard the show or seen them this year??

Your question "Didn't they just learn a chunk of new music? Why was that?" is a great question. I was shocked when I learned that and have been wondering the same thing.

My whole point is they wouldn't be fixing something that wasn't broken. Some have a problem being objective about the Scouts. When I heard the clips of the opener a few weeks ago, it sounded like a chopped up mess to me. Percussion breaks that were forced, and phrases that didn't logically develop to resolution, etc.. They still must fix the ending as we all know, and the guard situation is still a question. Having said all that, the staff seems to be pro active in fixing these things, and knowing how well the Scouts pick up steam in July, I'd say they're in much, much better shape than last season. There's good reason to optimistic, but I'm not going to blindly sing their praises until they tie up these loose ends up, which I expet them to do.

Without hearing from reliable first hand accounts as to what occurred this evening in Rockford, I can only respond by saying that "the more things change the more they stay the same". (snip) I also know that when you place as the Scouts did last August, you'll get absolutely NO favors and you had better realize that you're most certainly going to have to work twice as hard to prove your point. Beyond that, you can only hope that the adjudication process is reasonable along the way.

Mad75

OMG - it's like the entire 90's all over again!!!

Boo hoo - the Scouts are ALWAYS getting ripped off! They never get the score they deserve.

Good grief.

My whole point is they wouldn't be fixing something that wasn't broken. Some have a problem being objective about the Scouts. When I heard the clips of the opener a few weeks ago, it sounded like a chopped up mess to me. Percussion breaks that were forced, and phrases that didn't logically develop to resolution, etc.. They still must fix the ending as we all know, and the guard situation is still a question. Having said all that, the staff seems to be pro active in fixing these things, and knowing how well the Scouts pick up steam in July, I'd say they're in much, much better shape than last season. There's good reason to optimistic, but I'm not going to blindly sing their praises until they tie up these loose ends up, which I expet them to do.

Your points are well thought out about what you think should be fixed and what should be happening, but are you basing this all on some clips on the Fan Network or something. Have you heard the show all the way through?? Were you in Rockford, Middelton, Baraboo, or East Troy?? I agree about the ending - it ends kind of suddenly.

OMG - it's like the entire 90's all over again!!!

Boo hoo - the Scouts are ALWAYS getting ripped off! They never get the score they deserve.

Good grief.

WOW! Good Grief to you! LOL. I read what you responded to over and over again and Geez, just an overreaction on your part George. How 'bout some DeCaf Dude. Whew. :lookaround:

Your points are well thought out about what you think should be fixed and what should be happening, but are you basing this all on some clips on the Fan Network or something. Have you heard the show all the way through?? Were you in Rockford, Middelton, Baraboo, or East Troy?? I agree about the ending - it ends kind of suddenly.

I'm basing my opinion on clips I've heard from various sources. If they've already addressed some of these issues then great. I have not seen them live yet, but will be soon. I certainly wish the Scouts a great season and would love to see them back in the top 12. They appear to be in a position to make a good move up.