The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I spoke to a volunteer who said they had a great show in Mankato, much better than Rockford on Saturday.

What has happened to Scouts? After Scott was let go they haven't been the same.

Scott was there in 2002...IMO their low point. They have had some great shows and corps since then, as they had under Scott as well.

Mike

You have over eleven thousand posts and you have no idea what has happened to the Scouts over the last - what - ten years? :laughing:

I mean I know what has been happening. I've seen the posts, read the reviews, etc. I mean what has seriously happened to what was once a great program. What has disappeared from their program besides a complete change in management and staff. Something internally (either the members or the program inner workings) has changed to cause this to happen. I'm talking the intangibles here.

What has happened to Scouts? After Scott was let go they haven't been the same.

Is this guy's just trying his luck as a comedian?? Or, is he just trying to be provocative to see if he'll get any nibbles from the likes of me?.......Nope!.......Hey, how about them Scouts!!!!!!!!!!

Mad75

Is this guy's just trying his luck as a comedian?? Or, is he just trying to be provocative to see if he'll get any nibbles from the likes of me?.......Nope!.......Hey, how about them Scouts!!!!!!!!!!

Mad75

Nope, I'm not baiting or being provocative. I'm wondering what has happened to them?

I mean I know what has been happening. I've seen the posts, read the reviews, etc. I mean what has seriously happened to what was once a great program. What has disappeared from their program besides a complete change in management and staff. Something internally (either the members or the program inner workings) has changed to cause this to happen. I'm talking the intangibles here.

How long do you have today?......but it's really not worth the time or energy. Trust me, the Scouts are definitely on the right track. Financially things are improving. From top to bottom, the staff is fantastic. The vision and leadership is very strong and is extremely "Scouts". The program is great and the young men are phenomenal! The guys are having a great time and they're learning invaluable life lessons. And then at the end of the day, they've got the best job money cant buy........they get to rock our worlds!

If the current direction continues, the Scouts will be just fine! We've learned, We've grown and were back on track........nuff said!

Mad75

Can we please stop this pi$$ing contest and get back to the 2008 Scouts?

Seems to me the judges aren't liking the music for some reason... 6th in GE Music Rep, 6th across the board in Music (ensemble and percussion). 3rd in GE Visual (Blue Stars got 6th). 4th in Visual Ensemble (BK got 6th).

Comments, analysis?

Well Linda, you get the award for the best and only on topic (2008 Scouts) remark for a while on here.

I thought the same thing while reading the recaps. I know visually their show is a beast and they certainly are getting credit.

Personally I love the horn and drum book (through the drum solo) but it certainly isn't the first time I have disagreed with the judges

in my life time. It is so hard to really evaluate the scores with out an actual brass caption but it certainly looks like the judges don't

like the horn or drum arrangements OR are they getting marked so low for execution issues??

Looking forward to Sat. night, the scores are really getting close in "the middle" and I think Sat night will tell us a lot.

Hey everyone, don't take the bate from mister(almost) "disgusting".

I was there in the 70's and we all know who and what we were, just laugh the kid off. Roll your eyes and move on.