The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

I just watched the Cedarsburg show too. Looks improved. A little more zest in it.

And hey, we are up to 11 Contras now!

The ending is kinda blah. Hope they "new and improved" ending is all we hope it to be.

Go Scouts !!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scouts, thanks for putting up another full show on the fan network. There was MUCH improvement. Keep working. (Soloists really need to step it up a notch-and play IN TUNE) I agree that the opener is indeed very Madison, but my biggest complaint with the show is there's just too much the same in terms of the horn book. I would also like to see more contribution from the pit on keyboards.

There was certainly improvement shown in the clarity of forms and more uniformity and precision in the marching style. The guard also seemed more secure in what they were doing, but I'm not sure they will

ever have the impact some of the larger guards have.

Keep working Scouts. There is still a full month before finals week.

There was certainly improvement shown in the clarity of forms and more uniformity and precision in the marching style. The guard also seemed more secure in what they were doing, but I'm not sure they will ever have the impact some of the larger guards have.

Guard is still marching a couple of holes for the new guys that just joined up - it's pretty obvious in the flag line.

After seeing the show at Madison last weekend and the Rose Bowl show last night, I'm not sure that shooting for extra-large guard numbers is a good idea all around. Sure, some have a good presence and good guards, but others are filling in with people who do little to no equipment work and are basically just out there filling up space. Phantom wins the Biggest Guard contest... I counted 49 last night.

It would be great to see a little more flag work from Madison, and I'm liking the new Air Blades.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

Looks like Madison has gone to the...iguanas?

madisoniguana.jpg

my brother sent me this photo from tour. I guess it is either a mascot or the souvie booth is selling them. either way I got a chuckle out of it. :thumbup:

I just watched the Scouts performance from K-zoo tonight. (It's already on Fan Network.) I thought it was a great performance, much better than Madison last Saturday. Seemed like a lot of energy, and the brass sounded pretty good. I like the percussion book!

Wow... so much better tonight! You can really see the Mayan Glyphs tonight, where before they were pretty fuzzy.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

KALAMAZOO is posted.....

Thay have made huge strides

GO MADISON GREAT SHOW

Edited by Cop

Great job by the hornline :tongue:

I'm kind of surprised the visual GE #'s aren't higher.

The percussion scores are all over the place - Colts in 8th, Glassmen 7th, Spirit in 3rd, Troopers 5th, Scouts in 6th.

Guard is still marching a couple of holes for the new guys that just joined up - it's pretty obvious in the flag line.

After seeing the show at Madison last weekend and the Rose Bowl show last night, I'm not sure that shooting for extra-large guard numbers is a good idea all around. Sure, some have a good presence and good guards, but others are filling in with people who do little to no equipment work and are basically just out there filling up space. Phantom wins the Biggest Guard contest... I counted 49 last night.

It would be great to see a little more flag work from Madison, and I'm liking the new Air Blades.

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

I feel that the air blades, while interesting to look at...are still very sloppy looking from a distance. Where are the rifle lines from say....the 70's, 80's, and 90's? No lines have compared in quite some time.