The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

I have been working hard for last 2 days getting Murray , Ky. ready for the guys.A nice dark and A/C 'ed place to sleep, clean showers with hot water, MSU's big staidum,and a bunch of us alums. are feedin' them thursday night. Smoked pork lion,smoked chicken,tater salad,bbq beans,fresh corn on the cob,rolls that melt in your mouth ! The local womens club is makin' them cookie's and cake.( It helps to have an alum's mom who is pres. of the womens club )

Wow! What a feast! I'm sure the guys will appreciate all your efforts!

They'll be getting cookies in Atlanta as well... 450 of them are being baked up by the wife of one of the alums who will be travelling to the show as part of what we're calling the Atlanta 7.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was looking at the recaps from San Antonio - what's up with percussion judge #2? How can one judge give a 4 and the other an 11?

Were they both at the same show?

Go Scouts!

He know's that he made a HUGE mistake that night! The Perc. score was 15.6 in Witchita Falls...hhhhmmmmmmm?????

What do you have to say about that mr. prosperie? (Some folks wonder why we don't have the respect we should for judges...)

Time to rethink your scoring? Oh Yes. 4th by the other Perc. judge to 11th is a missed score. Esp. when you look at all of the other scores left to right on the recap sheet. We all understand a low score, but 7 places lower than the other Perc. judge???? We all make mistakes. It's time to correct it. Hopefully you will.

:unsure:

Go Scouts, matey!

He know's that he made a HUGE mistake that night! The Perc. score was 15.6 in Witchita Falls...hhhhmmmmmmm?????

What do you have to say about that mr. prosperie? (Some folks wonder why we don't have the respect we should for judges...)

Time to rethink your scoring? Oh Yes. 4th by the other Perc. judge to 11th is a missed score. Esp. when you look at all of the other scores left to right on the recap sheet. We all understand a low score, but 7 places lower than the other Perc. judge???? We all make mistakes. It's time to correct it. Hopefully you will.

Thank you so much for your virgin post on DCP. It was so.....unenlightning. :unsure:

and......

GO SCOUTS!!!

I sure hope it was a mistake. Hopefully Prosperie gave the mistake and not Griffin or Davis. :unsure:

Also, Welcome to DCP!

Don't mind the hostility by some of our members. While eternally confusing, it's actually quite normal.

If I'm reading the schedule correctly for tonight in Van Buren (on dci.org) the Scouts are actually going on last and under the lights!

The temp will be down to around 90 by then which should help. The guys really have to play the heck out of the show tonight as its their

last show prior to Atlanta. Lets hope they can jump up to the #12 spot tonight.

GO SCOUTS!!!

Awww, Bill, you corrected that "lion/loin" typo! I know you're typing with a broken arm, but that was my biggest grin of the day! :tongue:

GO SCOUTS!

If you are an alumni or fan please consider supporting the corps financially through the $100,000 "JOIN THE CORPS" Campaign. Entry level support starts at $70 alumni / $100 booster. More details can be found here:

www.MadisonScouts.org/corps

GO SCOUTS!

If I'm reading the schedule correctly for tonight in Van Buren (on dci.org) the Scouts are actually going on last and under the lights!

The temp will be down to around 90 by then which should help. The guys really have to play the heck out of the show tonight as its their

last show prior to Atlanta. Lets hope they can jump up to the #12 spot tonight.

Yes, I am glad that they are going on last as well. At Dallas, they performed in the middle of the competition after sunset, and it makes a big difference when you don't have to perform under the sun, but can instead perform under the stadium lights. This should give them a boost, especially performing last. Plus, I understand that the crowd in Wichita Falls really liked their performance and was on their feet. I heard that they got the biggest ovation from the crowd. (But, that may be a biased reporter passing on information :tongue: ).

I head that the heat index in Arkansas yesterday was 110 or more. The staff wisely gave the guys a nap after lunch during the heat of the afternoon. I guess they got a good practice in last night under stadium lights. I'm looking forward to hearing the results. I have to bide my time until Toledo before I can see the show again, though.

If you are an alumni or fan please consider supporting the corps financially through the $100,000 "JOIN THE CORPS" Campaign. Entry level support starts at $70 alumni / $100 booster. More details can be found here:

http://www.MadisonScouts.org/corps

I'm in!!!