The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Please head over to the tick and credit game. Phantom fans have been ticking the Scouts like crazy. Credit Madison, tick whomever you want.

How do you do this? I was there but didn't get it.

Sorry so duhhhhhh. :tongue::smile:

GO SCOUTS!!!

Edited by Lonnieg1906

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you do this? I was there but didn't get it.

Sorry so duhhhhhh. :tongue::smile:

GO SCOUTS!!!

You take one away from one corps and give one to the Scouts. The numbers are on the left side. Example, the post before yours has

17 CORPS A

15 CORPS B

27 CORPS C

30 Madison Scouts

You change it to say

17 CORPS A

14 CORPS B -

27 CORPS C

31 Madison Scouts +

You took one away from corps B and added one to the Scouts. The next person plays off your numbers. When a corps reaches 0 - they are out.

Edited by gellio

Just got back from their afternoon rehearsal. It was raining when we arrived and once we got into the stands the clouds parted and it has turned into a warm and sunny day. Let's hope the rain stays away for the next several hours.

I know this is going to sound like I'm being too much of a "homer," but I had to lean over to my wife while they were running a section of the closer and say how crazy it is that a show this good and so entertaining isn't a lock for finals. This show has definitely gone through some growing pains, but it is clicking! The guard was incredible for the run through. A few minor visual and musical errors made by the horns that can be fixed for tonight and they should be set. This is a group that has learned how to perform the "heck" out of a very difficult show.

That being said, all the other corps are working hard too, so I understand the competition. This corps right now could probably give the 2005 group some trouble. Drum Corps has just really gotten a boost from every corps and it is unbelievably hard. That being said, here's hoping for a week to remember and a Saturday night performance by the Scouts at Finals.

Just got back from their afternoon rehearsal. It was raining when we arrived and once we got into the stands the clouds parted and it has turned into a warm and sunny day. Let's hope the rain stays away for the next several hours.

I know this is going to sound like I'm being too much of a "homer," but I had to lean over to my wife while they were running a section of the closer and say how crazy it is that a show this good and so entertaining isn't a lock for finals. This show has definitely gone through some growing pains, but it is clicking! The guard was incredible for the run through. A few minor visual and musical errors made by the horns that can be fixed for tonight and they should be set. This is a group that has learned how to perform the "heck" out of a very difficult show.

That being said, all the other corps are working hard too, so I understand the competition. This corps right now could probably give the 2005 group some trouble. Drum Corps has just really gotten a boost from every corps and it is unbelievably hard. That being said, here's hoping for a week to remember and a Saturday night performance by the Scouts at Finals.

Glad to hear about the weather. I was worried that they were going to get rained out this evening. Here's hoping the weather holds!!

As to being a homer, I know that all the rest of us Madison Scouts fans agree with you. We just don't understand how this show is not a top 12. Unfortunately, everyone feels the same about their show, but I truly believe that this show has a difficulty level not there in some of the corps currently in 6-12th place. I hope that they can move up at least to that coveted 12th spot for a Saturday evening show.

Tom, what do you know about the judging? Are the same judges used for all 20 corps? Do the same judges that judge quarterfinals also judge the semis and finals?

Just curious.

Different panel each evening...so 33 judges now? Are they doing 11 judge panels like the regionals?

The judges from QFs have the rest of the weekend off. Their crucial decision of the evening seems to already be decided with PC edging out Academy for 17th.

The semis judges are also looking to make that crucial 13th/12th decision. Crossmen are currently edging the Scouts.

Then the finals night folks get their take on who wins this puppy. Looks like a late season surge from two Midwest corps.

This I will say....if this year was like the past, all of the finals judges were at both evenings in Allentown....some...just not on the field. Allentown always has all the judges in attendance so they can get a read on the latest and greatest changes before finals week....last year....it wasn't Allentown...it was Denver I think. So long ago.

My prayer is that Prosperie is nowhere near Bloomington for the next two weeks!! His scores were so far out in left field that I hope that he is not even in the State of Indiana. I can live with all the other percussion judges, but that guy missed his boat!!

He will be there at least one evening. Bank on it.

Do we know where the guys are being housed this week?

Vincennes.

Lincoln HS

1545 S Hart Street Rd.

Vincennes, IN 47591