The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

I figured we needed to consolidate these threads into one specific thread where we can all get info and discuss the 2008 Madison Scouts! So far we're about 5 days into everydays and counting down to the first show. Lots of things afoot...a new uniform, an exciting show concept and a potential return to the elite top 12. There's a lot to be excited about as alums and fans!

Best of luck guys...here's to an amazing summer!! :thumbup:

Edit: pictures are welcome and encouraged!

Edited by BigBadMadMan

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone else been to everydays who wants to give a report of what they saw?

I am anxiously awaiting their first show. I am a little concerned as I have been hearing only 28 in the guard? Can anyone confirm this number? And are they marching the full 150 this year?

Best of luck the Madison Scouts!!!! I really hope to see you back in finals this year, but have no doubt that your show will be thoroughly entertaining as it is every year.

I think Scouts will be back in Finals this year, despite popular opinion that they won't. The main thing that hurt them, from what I understood last year, was the 2 or 3 times they completey rewrote their drill. Despite that, they stil sounded incredible and enjoyed their show. Kashmir was the bomb!

We've been told, I believe, 28 there now with 2 more to come. Apparently they were hoping for 35 so we'll see if they get to that point. Personally I'd rather see them at 140 quality members than at 150 with several people playing "catch-up". We'll see what happens.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

anyone hear anything about the new uni's? just wondering...Go Scouts!

...i hear scouts are gonna some cool visuals...

From what I read on the Scouts forum, the final prototype going into production was shown last weekend. According to those who saw it, it was described as "stunning" and "nothing like it on the field today"...

I'm excited to see it!

So this is the official thread? Does that mean that every other thread that someone starts about the Madison Scouts this summer will be merged with this one, like last summer?? Jeez I hope not...

BigBad, how about renaming this thread "The Official 2008 PRESEASON Madison Scouts Discussion Thread"?

Best of luck to them, I can't wait to see them... in AUGUST (can't see them before then).

I guess that the issue of "merging" will be up to the mods. I'm assuming that if they did it last year, they'd do it again this year...as there'd be no reason to assume that they wouldn't. Maybe if there were an ancillary topic that would merit standing on its own, they'll leave it alone...but that's a big "maybe". I don't know if it matters or not because if there are enough different threads, they'll end up getting merged anyway.

Perhaps if the amount of SIMILAR threads are kept to a MINIMUM, the threat of "merging" won't be an issue.

BigBadMadMan- you played lead sop '96? i love you. i've seen that show about a hundred times in the past year. in fact, tradition with of my buddy's (sop at scouts now) was to watch part dos before each of our high school marching shows or band trips...ever see that judge get hit finals night? yeah i've watched it way too much...but hey you can never watch scouts enough right? :D