Cadet Bear

This is a similar line of thought of people who say "I'm not being racist I just think the jokes are funny"

Now obviously drum corps is nowhere near as important as racism, but it's the same mentality.

If someone constantly (and very seriously) bashes the Cadets the difference between bashing and jokes is irrelevant because you are still serious about the jokes even if you want to hide behind them being "jokes"

I just consider Hoppy's stance towards tradition in drum corps to be very David Dukeish while many people just think of him more like the Al Sharpton of drum corps. :smile:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bear is cute and is hopefully a good choice for a mascot. But unlike homosapians, primates and some marsipials, they don't have opposable thumbs, and therefore cannot hold a microphone with only one paw. They also can't sing very well - unless they're mad at you! :smile: Did anyone come up with a name for him yet?

AHA - Good point! His name is Casey.

This is a similar line of thought of people who say "I'm not being racist I just think the jokes are funny"

Now obviously drum corps is nowhere near as important as racism, but it's the same mentality.

If someone constantly (and very seriously) bashes the Cadets the difference between bashing and jokes is irrelevant because you are still serious about the jokes even if you want to hide behind them being "jokes"

That's not the point. We hear more than enough about a lot of people's dislikes for narration, amps, mics, trumpets, etc. A lot of people on here just like to pour salt on the wound. And just because we "drones" speak up on it, doesn't make us sensitive. I can bet that if you had ever marched in a corps that received so much of the crap that Cadets receive, you'd feel the same way.
....and I apologize in advance for my part in hijacking your thread...

No problem. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. I understand your points. It does get tiresome and difficult to have a regular conversation where you can actually discuss the corps you like.

AHA - Good point! His name is Casey.

Then Casey it is. I hope he has a good season. :smile:

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!! BWAHAHAHAH MIKE! ahahaa

That's not the point. We hear more than enough about a lot of people's dislikes for narration, amps, mics, trumpets, etc. A lot of people on here just like to pour salt on the wound. And just because we "drones" speak up on it, doesn't make us sensitive. I can bet that if you had ever marched in a corps that received so much of the crap that Cadets receive, you'd feel the same way.

Im a Madison Alum so I am very used to hearing how crappy Scouts have become so Im afraid youre barking up the wrong tree. Ive also made this point previously, and that is dont ask me to cry crocodile tears for a corps because theyre not loved universally but that rarely drops below 3rd while being on the cutting edge of controversy year in year out. You get the love from the people that matter.

Edited by Scerpella

Im a Madison Alum so I am very used to hearing how crappy Scouts have become so Im afraid youre barking up the wrong tree. Ive also made this point previously, and that is dont ask me to cry crocodile tears for a corps because theyre not loved universally but that rarely drops below 3rd while being on the cutting edge of controversy year in year out. You get the love from the people that matter.

The only thing funnier than a Madison fan complaining about how their corps is treated on DCP would be a Phantom fan doing the same.

What percentage of Madison threads are hijacked? If it is less than 100% your comparison isn't very good.

Nobody is asking for everyone to love The Cadets. All we are asking is that every thread that is vaguely about the Cadets not to devolve into "lol amps suck rite guys? man the cadets sure do talk a lot"