James Peterson (Vanguard Alum 85-86) New Film Score Online

Hello Everyone,

I just returned from Prague having recorded my latest feature film score for a movie called "The Red Canvas." We recorded it in the Czech National Symphony Hall on May 13th and 14th with 84 members of the Prague Phil. As always my music seems to be heavily influenced by Drum Corps as both a member and fan since the late 70s. I have continued my participation with drum corps as the composer of SCVC 2008 show "Perspectives"

To hear some of the music from the movie even before the film is released go to my website www.jamespetersonmusic.com You can also leave comments here and on my myspace MYSPACE

Thanks so much in advance for listening. Enjoy!

Hope to meet you all this summer at the shows!

All best,

James

WOW,

congratulations on your new project. I am a HUGE film/music fan. I study it almost more than the classical/romantic/21st century rep!

A good friend of mine is going to the big film scoring school in souther Cali. I would love to play for ANY film one day.

I just started listening to your work so I cannot tell you how I feel. I am impressed so far by what I hear.

Matthew

WOW,

congratulations on your new project. I am a HUGE film/music fan. I study it almost more than the classical/romantic/21st century rep!

A good friend of mine is going to the big film scoring school in souther Cali. I would love to play for ANY film one day.

I just started listening to your work so I cannot tell you how I feel. I am impressed so far by what I hear.

Matthew

Thanks Matthew. Let me know your thoughts after you have listened!

All best,

James

Hey Jim (sorry, JAMES)!

Awesome stuff. You should be doing this for a living. :tongue:

Have you met or talked to Lee Rudnicki? You guys should work together.

I will be down there (with renegades) in mid-July - you should come to the show and we can hang afterwards.

Edited by randomnoise

Hey Jim (sorry, JAMES)!

Awesome stuff. You should be doing this for a living. :tongue:

Have you met or talked to Lee Rudnicki? You guys should work together.

I will be down there (with renegades) in mid-July - you should come to the show and we can hang afterwards.

Hi Chris,

thanks man. I would like to meet Lee and hope to see you after the Renegades show in July. I may be up for the show on June 21st working with the Vanguard Cadets and maybe can see each other then.

Jim

As a film fan (and drum corps fan), you have me sold. I'll be looking forward to checking out this flick, I'll pay special interest to the music. Congratulations.

James,

Not only is the music awesome, but I can definetly hear this as being used in a drum corps show sometime. It is simply awesome.

Also, when I am done marching drum corps, my biggest goal is to become a composer for movie scores, so it is really inspiring to see somebody so involved with the activity doing something like this. I am really looking forward to seeing the movie now, and hearing SCVC when I can sometime this summer.

Thanks,

Matt

James,

Not only is the music awesome, but I can definetly hear this as being used in a drum corps show sometime. It is simply awesome.

Also, when I am done marching drum corps, my biggest goal is to become a composer for movie scores, so it is really inspiring to see somebody so involved with the activity doing something like this. I am really looking forward to seeing the movie now, and hearing SCVC when I can sometime this summer.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt,

thanks so much for your kind words of praise. It is great that you are marching in drum corps as it will help you develop the discipline to compose and put in the long hours associated with film composing. You will find that there are very few things in life that will push you as hard as marching corps and you can take that into the professional world and kick some serious ###.

Awesome that you have the desire to be a film composer. Study hard, listen to the classics (especially the 20th century) and develop your own sound. Don't try to sound like anyone else. Know that it is a long, hard road but if you persevere, you will succeed.

All best,

James Peterson

tasty stuff in there!

thanks so much!