Cadets webcast

Umm, I saw the webcast, did you ? Initial reaction based on that, after first live viewing, I will react again, if its like what I saw/heard, I will feel the same. Did you see it ? If not, why are you even posting in a topic about it ?

Geoffrey

I didn't know you were a subscriber... sorry

YES - I saw it. I don't tend to judge much from a webcast of a pre-season first uni run-through

Maybe that's just me.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"cant take" pretty dramatic. Wheres chaddyt condemning you for your drama...oh, thats right he is a Cadet defender, ie: tunnel vision.

Cadets and their programming of late has made many lose complete faith in them, so there you get both sides covered.

Geoffrey

Great - now you are speaking for "the many"

Pretty funny. Reminds me of RAMD in the days.

Here's the thing: the "many" were BD fans who had, frankly, drank way too much in the lot before they rolled into the Rose Bowl

Because the VERY SAME Cadet show was wildly recieved up the coast just nights before.

I'll indeed be enjoying a hot dog during this performance, hoping the line isnt too long and I can attain one before the show is over. Isnt it grand though, if we didnt constantly whine, bemoan, cry, and complain, you would have nothing to do !

Funny thing is, you CHOOSE to click on and respond to us, its your choice, those that want to watch drum corps, or the Cadets have no choice, They shove it down our throats and our only alternative is to wait in that ever growing line of concession. As long as narration is riddled throughout the show, it will suck, to me, in my eyes and my opinion is as valid as yours, did you know that ? And as far as OTC medicine, Im fine, but maybe you need a hobby, that way you wont have all the free time to search out us evil Cadet criticizers and bring us to justice !!

You have been taught well......

Geoffrey

Funny how you say you will exercise your "hot dog" right and then go on to say you have no choice in the matter within the space of two sentences. And trust me, it's not like much searching is needed to come across a Cadet criticizer on this board. Can't even have a thread about a teddy bear without it being hijacked by people with your mindset.

You act as though you are entitled to love every show from every corps in the line up. Sorry bud. That's not the case. There are corps out there I don't entirely love, but I am able to find aspects of their shows that entertain me. If I couldn't find those things, I too would take a pee break or grab a Coke. I don't feel the need to interject my opinion of what I don't like about Corps X on every Corps X topic that pops up. Every corps is different. They bring their own ideas and concepts to the field. Not everyone will love it. But no one is made to "suffer through" anything.

And yes, Geoffrey. Your opinion is valid. As is every other person who hates narration. You like what you like and don't what you don't. My point was that whining about it on a forum for the past 4 years has yet to affect any change in the matter and has gotten old, IMO.

Talk about needing a hobby....

I listen to "This American Life" from time to time, and while the show deals with "ordinary" people all the time, the folks it profiles have stories that are compelling, unique, or just so appealing, that the show holds your attention. Aside from whether or not one approves of narration in a drum corps show, I think this effort fails because Sara's story is not only not unusual, it is not in the least interesting. It is actually quite mundane. Really, who cares about Sara’s privileged, upper class life? What does it have to teach us? Not much, in my opinion. And the lesson that one can "choose happiness" is such a cliché today that it makes for a laughable climax or, if you like, a very disappointing aha! moment. What is to be gained from participating in this story as a spectator? I have no idea. What was the Cadets’ creative team thinking?

And yes, Geoffrey. Your opinion is valid. As is every other person who hates narration. You like what you like and don't what you don't. My point was that whining about it on a forum for the past 4 years has yet to affect any change in the matter and has gotten old, IMO.

Talk about needing a hobby....

Yes, a hobby...I barely made a peep here in the past six months and its great, its a place to discuss, you dont agree you call it "whining"

Geoffrey

Whats gotten old is the cheap, second rate narration the Cadets jam into their productions, leaving those that dont like it no choice but to get up and leave.

Whats gotten old is the cheap, second rate narration the Cadets jam into their productions, leaving those that dont like it no choice but to get up and leave.

You're entitled to your opinion on the narration, of course, but you certainly do have a choice whether to stay or go. And this is no different than it's ever been. Fans have always had the choice to get up and leave when a corps makes design decisions with which the fan does not agree.

Yes, a hobby...I barely made a peep here in the past six months and its great, its a place to discuss, you dont agree you call it "whining"

Geoffrey

Leave it to the Cadets to bring ya back to the forum spreading your cheer!

And I never said everyone needs to agree. You can find posts of mine on here stating that I'm not a huge fan of narration. But "suffering through"?!?!! C'mon man.

Having no choice but to get up and leave!?!?!? C'mon! It's 11 minutes of your life. If it's THAT offensive to you, yeah I guess you have no choice, but to me, that just seems a tad dramatic. To not be able to find ANYTHING in the show you enjoy and want to see/hear....?

To me, yeah... that's closer to complaining than just disagreeing.

Umm, I saw the webcast, did you ?

Let me guess. The Cadets and evil Hoppy forced you to suffer through the webcast too?