Season X Discussion

I thought I'd get the ball rolling since the season starts in a week. Let's get the ball rolling. How your corps feeling, how you coping with the gas prices. How you think everything is going down this year. It's about that time. (Hope I didn't step on anybody toes doing this)

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My corps's feel great as Crusion won best overall in the Preseason tour, which have given us a few sponsors allowing us to get some money for our gas, so we're good in that department. Our group that feels the worst is the Burning Panthers only because of the 3rd place victory, but still very happy that we had 2 winning corps. So we are all very excited about the season

The SMO corps feel great going into this season. Shadow has done very well in its first two seasons. We usually start off slow, and then build back up towards the end. Silhouette was the same way last year, so we'll see how they start out again. Shade is excited to have its first season in DCP-I in what will probably one of the most competitive years.

As far as gas prices, all 3 corps are starting off at home in NC so we don't have to travel far in the beginning. All three corps start out together until regionals, so that will save on gas. After that Shadow splits out on its own tour, and Silhouette and Shade travel together the whole season. This will hopefully save on gas prices for us.

For the year, I think it will be very close. We have a lot of brand new corps, and veterans. It should be very interesting. Good luck everyone.

OYPA is traveling together alongside VK's groups as well as Matt's. To compensate for the high prices of gas, we are going to steal food from them!!!!!! :ph34r:

Couldn't be any happier with the groups I'm traveling with, best of luck, you're gonna need it!!!! :ninja:

Edited by OCcontrakid

OYPA is traveling together alongside VK's groups as well as Matt's. To compensate for the high prices of gas, we are going to steal food from them!!!!!! :ph34r:

Couldn't be any happier with the groups I'm traveling with, best of luck, you're gonna need it!!!! :ninja:

You're more than welcome to dine with us. We're into sharing and community in my organizations. As for the competitive part, lets just let it fall where it falls on championships week. My groups tend to be in the mix ALL season--since I have been on the full tour, Tri-Color has always made finals, and Emerald Regime and Explorers have been very good too.

As for how the corps are right now--don't expect anything special from any of them in the beginning (especially with these crazy 5 caption judges). I've been sick, busy, and teaching REAL drum corps, so I may be busy when the season actually starts. I would watch out toward the end of the season... Don't be so sure about anything...

At this rate, I predict Tri-Color will finish as low as 12th and as high as 6th this season.

Edited by Matthew

You're more than welcome to dine with us. We're into sharing and community in my organizations. As for the competitive part, lets just let it fall where it falls on championships week. My groups tend to be in the mix ALL season--since I have been on the full tour, Tri-Color has always made finals, and Emerald Regime and Explorers have been very good too.

As for how the corps are right now--don't expect anything special from any of them in the beginning (especially with these crazy 5 caption judges). I've been sick, busy, and teaching REAL drum corps, so I may be busy when the season actually starts. I would watch out toward the end of the season... Don't be so sure about anything...

At this rate, I predict Tri-Color will finish as low as 12th and as high as 6th this season.

I have never hear of "dining" in the drum corps world :D

As for my prediction, Titan Regiment will make it to finals for sure. As for Royal Squadron and Viper Brigade, I'll say the same thing!! :ninja:

I have never hear of "dining" in the drum corps world :D

As for my prediction, Titan Regiment will make it to finals for sure. As for Royal Squadron and Viper Brigade, I'll say the same thing!! :ninja:

You may not have heard of dining, because your corps aren't as classy as some of the others. We would never let another corps go hungry though. Paula Deen cooks a great menu up on our truck!

You may not have heard of dining, because your corps aren't as classy as some of the others. We would never let another corps go hungry though. Paula Deen cooks a great menu up on our truck!

Not as classy? We are the DEFINITION of class

hahah I am yankin your chain.

I know this lol.

It's all fun and games :ninja: