Season X Discussion

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to everyone as we kick off the season tomorrow!

Season starts tonight and I just like to wish everyone as well on a great season!!

For The Star Organization we begin tonight:

Star of Hawaii will be in Stanford, CA for first night "Golden State Tournament of Corps" sponsored by TriColor. Still rumors abound on show??

Star of Jupiter and Cross will be in Charlotte, NC.

Edited by StarOrg

After some discussing with the visual staff of Penguin Brigade a couple weeks ago, we decided to make a few changes to this years presentation. The guard and drum major will now be wearing penguin and polar bear outfits to better fit the theme of the show; the penguin's struggle for survival against polar bears. The hornline will stay with the traditional black, while the drumline will sport a matching white uniform.

The flag's penguin suits:

pbpenguin.jpg

The weapon unit's polar bear costumes:

pbguard.jpg

The drum major's penguin outfit:

dmpenguin.jpg

The hornline:

uniform1.jpg

Percussion:

uniform1-1.jpg

The hornline has been hard at work the last few months, preparing for the percussion/flag feature. The trumpet and mellophone sections will be joining the colorguard, spinning along, while the baritone/euphonium and tubas will join the drumline, all of them playing cymbals!

Penguin Brigade has also purchased all new horns for this season. We will be using King marching brass with a gold trim, to better fit the corps colors. We've also acquired a new set of marching percussion and pit equipment from Dynasty. The drums will be a special gold sparkle finish, with all black hardware and batter heads. We'll also be performing on Zildjian marching cymbals. The corps is eagerly awaiting tomorrow night to finally present this seasons show: Rated R

Good luck to all the other competitors!

FYI, Scores will be posted sometime tomorrow, since I am still waiting on recaps to be posted.

Well KOP, BD, and RA have worked hard to put their shows together for the first show in Charlotte, NC. Each corps has set one goal for the season. That goal is to make finals for the first time in each corps history(also in the directors history involving FMB and DCPI). Hopefully the judges and crowd find Aquatic, Expressions through Art, and Man vs. Machine quality shows and well performed by the hardworking performers.

FYI, Scores will be posted sometime tomorrow, since I am still waiting on recaps to be posted.

Concord, CA and Brea, CA were exhibition only, if you didn't already know. Only Rockford and Toledo have scores/recaps.

Scores will be a little bit delayed. Still working out the kinks from the 5 caption set change. Hope to have scores up by a little after noon CST if all goes well.

Sorry for the delay, scores have been posted! Congrats to our winners!!

For the new folks, to find the scores, just go to the DCP-I site, then click on Current DCP-I Scores.

We are very happy with how we opened the season! Obviously with these 5 judges on the panel, things are a bit strange, but good job to ALL corps!

In my opinion Division II and III are the hardest corps to manage, because we are dealing with limited resources (points)--division III being the hardest. However to have all 3 corps come out and place in the top 3 of their competitive divisions at the first show is just enjoyable! Tri-Color--the corps we thought would start off very slow looks to be stronger than we staff had anticipated. This show is quite different from anything drum corps has seen. Emerald Regime and Explorers are off to a great season!

Edited by Matthew