2008 Standings

ok donnie... down boy...

Matt - I believe when you see the scores tonight, you will not see excelsior. If they are there, they will (I assume) be exhibition - they have withdrawn their application and will not be attending championship. Since this voluntarilly terminated their evaluation process, I assume they will not be competing tonight.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't asking you who won in those years. i figured you would know. but the one that i asked didn't answer.

maybe he hasnt been online yet

To quote Smoothie...........Scores....Schmores!! ... ... ...

--------------------------------

I'm hearing you! Let your drum corps transcend from scoring. Strive for perfection and understand that scores are the educated opinions of a small minority in that stadium.

...and it's spelled "Smoothy" to differentiate from the drink they named after me.

HAHA ... case in point ... which one would you tick ... SMOOTHIE or SMOOTHY ... ???

:-)

A) I was alive during the tick system, but thankfully never had to be under it and all of its flaws.

B) I do know how different it is because i am a fan of old drum corps.

C) Yes, when i am 50, i will be an old fart... but kids wont think of me the way they do you because i wouldnt come on here and make a rediculous and false statement such as "you wouldnt know anything about execution".

Im only 31 years old and i KNOW FOR A FACT that what these kids do is much harder than even we had it. The simultaneous demand is not even comparable from 1998-2008 let alone 68 or 78.

D) Are you really telling someone to "Show some respect"? Unbelievable after your post. And by the way, my last post was directed at YOU. not anyone else. I have plenty of respect for those who came before me because i learned amazing things from guys who marched in the 80s in corps like the Freelancers, velvet knights and blue devils.

E) there is nothing you know that i dont. Nothing useful anyway.

i started by saying that i was not trying to be disrespecful and was giving my opinion. you my friend started why the nasty stuff. it's people like you that are narrow minded and can't even listen to an opinion that differs with you. for that i will never respond in a manner like this with you again.

oh and by the way i do know many useful things so that was not nessesary to say.

have a good life.

Hahah.. thats great.

I was just having a discussion with a co-worker the other day about how dumb it is that people always preface an offensive statement with "no offense... BUT....".

So saying "not to be disrespectful....." then saying something disrespectful doesnt really amount to much.

And after re-reading my post, i find nothing nasty. I said that I would not come on to a forum such as this and slam an entire generation of younger people and therefore i wouldnt be thought of the way you are, and that there isnt anything i could learn from you. If you believe what you type here, then i really dont believe there is anything.

I also said not to try to twist what i said into something disrespectful of my elders. Like i said, I learned some of the best things ive ever learned (on and off the field) by people 10 ,20, 30 and even 40 years older than me.

Having a GREAT life thanks! Im home in Santa Barbara for the weekend.

Tony

Matt - I believe when you see the scores tonight, you will not see excelsior. If they are there, they will (I assume) be exhibition - they have withdrawn their application and will not be attending championship.

Well, then good luck to them with their performance, anyway! Hope the crowd is satisfactorily entertained.

When you post the latest list for 2008 standings, can you start it in a new thread so we don't have to wade through 10 pages of garbage about the merits of the tick system to actually find something about 2008 scores. Thanks.

Better yet, instead of creating a new thread each time, just edit the first page to reflect the latest update. This is how the DCI forum is dealing with it and it works great.
Or, even better yet, create a power poll, similar to the one on the DCI forum, which can take into account head to head meetings, strength of competition, etc. For example, if the Cabs and Hurcs, who are competing next week, achieve a higher score than the Bucs (who are not competing) have so far, will this put the Bucs in third place? I think not. But watch all the panties in a bunch if that happens!

Better yet, instead of creating a new thread each time, just edit the first page to reflect the latest update. This is how the DCI forum is dealing with it and it works great.

IIRC, that's what Matt has been doing. The opening post was edited on Monday, incorporating the scores from Saturday and Sunday.

Robert

**** DCA All-Age Corps - Based on Newest Score ****

01 (01) - 88.863 (4) - Buccaneers

02 (05) - 88.463 (2) - Empire Statesmen

03 (02) - 86.513 (5) - Hurricanes

04 (06) - 85.852 (2) - Brigadiers

05 (03) - 85.538 (5) - Caballeros

06 (04) - 85.350 (3) - Minnesota Brass

07 (10) - 83.638 (1) - CorpsVets

08 (07) - 82.030 (4) - Bushwackers

09 (11) - 81.825 (2) - Crusaders

10 (08) - 80.325 (3) - Kilties

11 (09) - 80.250 (7) - Renegades

12 (19) - 79.375 (1) - Music City Legend

13 (NR) - 79.175 (1) - Alliance

14 (16) - 75.550 (2) - Fusion Core

15 (12) - 74.313 (3) - Chops, Inc

16 (15) - 73.775 (2) - White Sabers

17 (13) - 73.525 (3) - Govenaires

18 (14) - 73.363 (7) - Dream

19 (18) - 73.075 (2) - Grenadiers

20 (NR) - 70.900 (2) - Excelsior

21 (20) - 70.813 (1) - Gulf Coast Sound

22 (17) - 69.400 (4) - Carolina Gold

23 (21) - 64.688 (3) - Lakeshoremen

24 (22) - 62.288 (8) - Sun Devils

25 (23) - 59.463 (1) - Shenandoah Sound

26 (24) - 59.375 (6) - Frontier

-------

(1) = 08/02/08 - Hendersonville, TN (DCA)

(2) = 08/02/08 - Waterloo, NY (DCA)

(3) = 07/27/08 - Racine, WI (DCA)

(4) = 07/26/08 - Chambersburg, PA (DCA)

(5) = 07/26/08 - Lawrence, MA (DCA)

(6) = 07/26/08 - Houston, TX (DCA)

(7) = 07/20/08 - Fremont, CA (DCI)

(8) = 07/05/08 - Manassas, VA (DCA)