2008 Standings

Empire Statesmen Competed in Wildwood, NJ. That is a 7hr 20min drive for just One contest this year. So it is done in the East also.

That is why I say. When the West Coast gets the 3 or more groups.

Have One weekend with Two shows in North Calif. Say in Sacramento and one in Stockton. Two places that know Drum Corps. One on Sat Night. Then one on Sunday during the day. Lets say Late July. Then have a weekend in SoCal. Lets say Anaheim area, and maybe Diamond Beach. Again Both Drum Corps areas. AND, again One Sat. night and one Sunday.

That way each group would ony be making One long trip. The DCI groups are gone East and not a problem.

Just an Idea!

BRILLIANT!!!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire Statesmen Competed in Wildwood, NJ. That is a 7hr 20min drive for just One contest this year. So it is done in the East also.

Have One weekend with Two shows in North Calif. Say in Sacramento and one in Stockton. Two places that know Drum Corps. One on Sat Night. Then one on Sunday during the day. Lets say Late July. Then have a weekend in SoCal (say early to mid August). Lets say Anaheim area, and maybe Diamond Beach. Again Both Drum Corps areas. AND, again One Sat. night and one Sunday.

That way each group would ony be making One long trip. The DCI groups are gone East and not a problem.

Just an Idea!

Or...

Have your show the weekend after DCI finals after they've come home from out East. Offer free or discounted tickets to kids who marched DCI, enticing them to see what late-season all-age corps is like (as opposed to the slightly rough-around-the-edges early season shows put out by weekend warriors). You have your shows, plus you're in front of potential future members.

Edited by CallipygianKing

Have One weekend with Two shows in North Calif. Say in Sacramento and one in Stockton. Two places that know Drum Corps. One on Sat Night. Then one on Sunday during the day. Lets say Late July. Then have a weekend in SoCal (say early to mid August). Lets say Anaheim area, and maybe Diamond Beach. Again Both Drum Corps areas. AND, again One Sat. night and one Sunday.

Just an Idea!

that is a great idea. it would be nice if dca could find a place in the middle of the country and make it a mid point in the season show that north , south, eas and west could converge on and have a 10 corps slate. then everybody would travel. that way you could get some head to head.

dont worry,the older you get,the faster time goes! :smile:

i saw my first show in 1961 and started marching in 1964. I still march and I'm 55. You know what? The other night at a restaurant I got carded.

Of course, it was when the bill came...and it was my credit card...

:smile:

Or...

Have your show the weekend after DCI finals after they've come home from out East. Offer free or discounted tickets to kids who marched DCI, enticing them to see what late-season all-age corps is like (as opposed to the slightly rough-around-the-edges early season shows put out by weekend warriors). You have your shows, plus you're in front of potential future members.

I really like this idea!!! :lol: Some of those age-outs would really come in handy!

Approximate drive times to Denver according to Google Maps

Renegades 17:56

SoCal Dream 14:44

Govenaires 12:39

Chops Inc 13:00

MN Brass 12:59

Kilties 15:29

Frontier 13:01

Gulf Coast Sound 16:37

Austin Stars 15:47

High Country Brass 00:00

Those are ALL the corps west of the Mississippi (plus Brass and Kilts, but they're pretty close to it anyway), all within roughly similar drive times from Denver, CO. I was thinking a big western regional? plus, the corps coming from similar areas could maybe do a small show on the way to or back from denver...

are you saying that the california corps are potheads? LOL!!!

oops! that was a typo. sorry