2008 Standings

dont worry,the older you get,the faster time goes! :withstupid:

:withstupid::cool: :cool: Tell it brother!!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, coming up... 17 corps, 4 states, 6 shows. Who else is excited?

Edited by CallipygianKing

me...i'll be at a wedding reception guaranteed to be a blast :cool:

I graduated high school in 1998...And I'm considered one of the "old guys" in Chops.

I graduated in 1990 and in Dream they call me a kid!!

I guess that's what happens when you have two 50 year-olds in the contra section.

I am excited we are going to see our first full DCA panel this weekend. Hoping all the changes and tweaking of the show goes well in MN :)

I am excited we are going to see our first full DCA panel this weekend. Hoping all the changes and tweaking of the show goes well in MN :)

YES ! ! As Great as the Scranton contest will be. (and I will be There!)

There are 4 - "YES" 4 other great contest's.

TWO in the Atlanta area, with All the DCA South Corps.

AND

TWO in Minnesota with All the DCA Central Corps.

ALL of which are FULL, Complete DCA CONTESTS

So in a way. Like Regional's will be taking place in Three area's.

:tongue: GOOD LUCK TO ALL

(And Hopefully one day soon, we will be able to add a WEST COAST contest to a weekend like this!!!)

Edited by OldStyleCorps

(And Hopefully one day soon, we will be able to add a WEST COAST contest to a weekend like this!!!)

I agree! I've never been west of the Mississippi and I'd love to get away from all this kudzu...

Such a shame gas prices make it harder for Northern corps to travel South and vice verse :-/

Edited by dsheets

I agree! I've never been west of the Mississippi and I'd love to get away from all this kudzu...

Such a shame gas prices make it harder for Northern corps to travel South and vice verse :-/

I'm working on it...

what exactly is the problem with getting a contest on the west coast? there are dca corps pot there. is dca not commited to the west coast corps or what? it's maddening. there should be at least 2 contest's out there. just my opinion. how are they supposed to know how their show is or what problens they have and what to polish with out having any dca contest's. i'm just confused about how dca treat's the west coast.

what exactly is the problem with getting a contest on the west coast? there are dca corps pot there. is dca not commited to the west coast corps or what? it's maddening. there should be at least 2 contest's out there. just my opinion. how are they supposed to know how their show is or what problens they have and what to polish with out having any dca contest's. i'm just confused about how dca treat's the west coast.

Without a DCA santioned show on the West Coast it would make it very difficult for either the Renegades or Dream to really know where they stack up against the other corps. Yes, they are judged by DCI judges on DCA sheets, and that may help, I suppose any read is better than none, but let's face it, how many of the judges at PRELIMS or Finals for that matter would have judged them in those particular shows in which they competed. The NE CORPS do have a specific advantage, in that the opportunity for the same judges more than once or twice will certainly help them a lot. Until such a time as corps in the West become more and more, or unless there is a large SPONSOR somewhere on the west cost that is willing to sponsor a DCA show, it would appear that the WEST COAST corps are at somewhat of a disadvantage. Going into prelims without being seen by the possible panel of judges could make it tough for them, that is for sure. Just my opinion

Doug Smith