2008 Standings

YES ! ! As Great as the Scranton contest will be. (and I will be There!)

There are 4 - "YES" 4 other great contest's.

TWO in the Atlanta area, with All the DCA South Corps.

AND

TWO in Minnesota with All the DCA Central Corps.

ALL of which are FULL, Complete DCA CONTESTS

Absolutely...... a great weekend coming up for DCA and the all-age activity, without question!!!

Fran

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what exactly is the problem with getting a contest on the west coast? there are dca corps pot there. is dca not commited to the west coast corps or what? it's maddening. there should be at least 2 contest's out there. just my opinion. how are they supposed to know how their show is or what problens they have and what to polish with out having any dca contest's. i'm just confused about how dca treat's the west coast.

All you really need is a third corps out there. It takes 3 DCA corps for there to be a sanctioned contest. River City was the beam of hope there for a while. 3 California corps. Oh well...

All you really need is a third corps out there. It takes 3 DCA corps for there to be a sanctioned contest. River City was the beam of hope there for a while. 3 California corps. Oh well...

that's to bad. hopefully some one will start a couple more up. it really makes it tough for those on the left coast.

Absolutely...... a great weekend coming up for DCA and the all-age activity, without question!!!

Fran

Its gonna be a make or break weekend for some of the corps.I plan to put out my predictions on Monday based on this weekends scores/recaps and the rest of the seasons recaps.Some corps will be happy where I place them others won't.Its just the way it goes.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and knock them dead.

I agree! I've never been west of the Mississippi and I'd love to get away from all this kudzu...

I cross the Mississippi at least once a week. :smile:

Sacramento has not given up on keeping a Senior Corps going. Freelancer Alumni Brass has several of the RiverCity brass guys still holding on. RCR's managment losts its ability to continue operations. But the old RCR guys remain connected through Don Silva's generosity to open the doors of Freelancer Hall for Tuesday night rehearsals.

There are a lot of x-drum corps members in the Sacramento valley area waiting for this to happen. This also includes Stockton, Modesto, Manteca, Davis, Woodland and of course our LA connection.

One day, maybe in the very near future, Stockton's Moonlight Classic will become a Senior Corps venue in addtion to

our championship World Class and Open Class Juniors.....

Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

what exactly is the problem with getting a contest on the west coast? there are dca corps pot there. is dca not commited to the west coast corps or what? it's maddening. there should be at least 2 contest's out there. just my opinion. how are they supposed to know how their show is or what problens they have and what to polish with out having any dca contest's. i'm just confused about how dca treat's the west coast.

I did a study for DCA last year on the cost of doing a DCA sanction show.

1) Need 3 corps do have a DCA sanction show

2) Renegades & Dream are 6-7 Hours away from each other

What we would really like if some corps from the East or Mid-West would come out and visit us out here for a contest.

Vegas anyone? :smile:

What we would really like if some corps from the East or Mid-West would come out and visit us out here for a contest.

Solution:

Start a new corps in Bakersfield and host a show there.

Oh hell naw...

I'm not suiting up in all black in Vegas, in the summer.

I agree to someone should come out to meet us though....just, let's make it somewhere that isn't a desert...hahaha.

Edited by MarimbaManiac

Empire Statesmen Competed in Wildwood, NJ. That is a 7hr 20min drive for just One contest this year. So it is done in the East also.

That is why I say. When the West Coast gets the 3 or more groups.

Have One weekend with Two shows in North Calif. Say in Sacramento and one in Stockton. Two places that know Drum Corps. One on Sat Night. Then one on Sunday during the day. Lets say Late July. Then have a weekend in SoCal (say early to mid August). Lets say Anaheim area, and maybe Diamond Beach. Again Both Drum Corps areas. AND, again One Sat. night and one Sunday.

That way each group would ony be making One long trip. The DCI groups are gone East and not a problem.

Just an Idea!

Edited by OldStyleCorps