3- Caballeros

4- Minnesota Brass

5- Hurricanes

6- Bushwackers

7- Renegades

8- Brigadiers

9- CorpsVets

10- Kilties

Boy that is pretty close to what I was thinking.

BUT

I would move the Renegades one or two up and moving the Hurks and Bush down.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we're playing pick-em...

1- Empire Statesmen

2- Buccaneers

3- Hurricanes

4- Minnesota Brass

5- Caballeros

6- CorpsVets

7- Renegades

8- Bushwackers

9- Brigadiers

10- Kilties

Here's why...

In the last 5 weeks ES score has gone up 10 points, Bucs only 7

Hurcs up 10, Cabs only 9

MBI up 6 points in just 3 weeks!

Having seen CV's show this weekend, I believe they can more than make up the point they're behind Brigs & Bush

Renegades are so well suited for 7th

Kilties, Cru & Alliance are too close to call but I've rooted for Racine for so many years, I'm putting them in finls.

i pick 10 corps make open finals and 4 make class A

A revamp just for giggles

1. Bucs never seem to peak (in a good way)

2. Hurcs do they have the gas for a final push? Or have they peaked?

3. MN brass, if they clean and don't let their ritual soloists that show up to finals mess up their vibe, they have to do something with the hornline in the battery feature, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

4. Empire, but will be 3rd if Brass dosen't clear up individual error

5. Cabs, lots of head to head with the East Coast corps, but MBI could be their kryptonite

6. Brig, even with smaller numbers, always quality stuff

7. Bush their gaurd keeps them contending, and the rest of the corps dosen't suck by any means.

8. Kilties people will say I'm high, but it's my world and I like it, they've got the show and the talent, clean the marching and the guard jumps another level it could happen.

9. CV 8,9,10 could all mix up, less then half a point between the group. Hope they haven't peaked, love this group, must be on fire on Sat, everyone else will be.

10. Gades Always fun, but the left coast will hurt them more then they'd like this year. If any of the hype is actually true ( I never belive it till I see it) they could place as high as 6th, but it is what it is, a numbers game. Though on the sunny side for them the jumps from DCI to DCA scores have been huge this year, up to 8-9 points between. We'll see won't we?

11. Cru, not out by any means, but again the have to be on fire to contend. They've been here before, and know what needs to be done. Now they have to do it.

13. MCL just seems to not be getting along with the judges, I dunno what it is, it's a quality group, it's a big group, but they're hoping someone falters and they have to put an insanly clean show. It's happened before.

12. Alliance beats MCL but not by much, if they still have room for alot of improvement they could steal a 10 spot, but alot has to happen for that to happen.

13. So Cal Dream. Great DCI scores (which seem low this year) without a closer on the field. That could propel them past Alliance, but I doubt it, again the numbers game, can't wait to see it though, of all the corps I'm looking forward to Allaince and So Cal are on the very top of my list.

14. Chops not out of first by any means, the smoothest mellophone line you ever heard, basses need to pick it up to the rest of the batterys ability, clean the drill a bit and presto instant contender.

15. Could Govies sneak in here? probibly not, great gaurd (as always) but poorly balanced horn line, and ok percussion leaves them at the mercy of Fusion corps, or even dare I say it White Sabers. This could be another epic battle for the final finals slot. Grenadiers are sneaking their way up as well. I'll put Govies in the 4 spot anyway, cause I like em that much.

Edited by pvt_cairns

As long as we're playing pick-em...

1- Empire Statesmen

2- Buccaneers

3- Hurricanes

4- Minnesota Brass

5- Caballeros

6- CorpsVets

7- Renegades

8- Bushwackers

9- Brigadiers

10- Kilties

Here's why...

In the last 5 weeks ES score has gone up 10 points, Bucs only 7

Once again, way to much emphasis is being placed on the relative scoring. Bucs in Scranton again have swept every caption (except Ensemble Percussion to the Cabs) and have done so at every show this year. Ain't gonna be no surprises in the top spot this year. Second place on down is of course anyone's guess, however I don't think that any corps begins the winter and goes into the championships vying for the second place trophy....

Ok as promised here are my predictions for finals.Right or wrong they are my predictions based on recaps,current scores and a bit of WAG thrown in the mix.

Bush and BRiggs could easily switch out positions.CV could even over take both of them.Still hard to call the 7-10 spot but I did my best educated guess.

Good luck to everyone.

01 Buccaneers

02 Caballeros

03 Empire Statesmen

04 Hurricanes

05 Minnesota Brass

06 Renegades

07 Brigadiers

08 CorpsVets

09 Bushwackers

10 Kilties

I totally agree with 1-5. But...Bush always comes on strong in the end, and has that phenominal guard. I'd slide them up. And it would be great to see Kilties in that 10-spot!

Once again, way to much emphasis is being placed on the relative scoring. Bucs in Scranton again have swept every caption (except Ensemble Percussion to the Cabs) and have done so at every show this year. Ain't gonna be no surprises in the top spot this year. Second place on down is of course anyone's guess, however I don't think that any corps begins the winter and goes into the championships vying for the second place trophy....

Well said. And neither should any of them head to Rochester believing there couldn't be a surprise in the top spot. I never really understood that concept that there was a race for anything other than first!

Everyone was expecting to Blue Devils to run away with the DCI Championship this year too and we all see what happend there...

Everyone was expecting to Blue Devils to run away with the DCI Championship this year too and we all see what happend there...
Everyone except for perhaps me! To MY recollection, the Blue Devils had lost a show or two before the championship finals and most certainly lost a few select captions (percussion being the most prominent).

1981, probably the biggest and most controversial DCA finals finish outside of 1972