2008 Standings

And neither should any of them head to Rochester believing there couldn't be a surprise in the top spot. I never really understood that concept that there was a race for anything other than first!
Ah yes, there is always the audacity of hope. You should always believe in your chances, however slim. And it certainly would not harm the activity to have someone else win every few years... Edited by VOReason

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i pick 10 corps make open finals and 4 make class A

The world is safe now. Captain Obvious is here. :thumbup:

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

"In the last 5 weeks ES score has gone up 10 points, Bucs only 7"

The Bucs have only had three shows in the last five weeks and I know that they weren't particularly happy with their performance in Scranton on Saturday. Yet they still won by almost two points. I really don't see another '81 happening.

Edited by Mike McMullen

The Bucs have only had three shows in the last five weeks and I know that they weren't particularly happy with their performance in Scranton on Saturday. Yet they still won by almost two points. I really don't see another '81 happening.

Between Renegades and Kilties, this year I wouldn't be shocked at a similar scenario. Not saying that either will take the crown. Just that moving up 4 or 5 positions in Rochester by adding 5+ points or so from a mid august score wouldn't surprise me.

Kilties are the at the best I've ever seen them and the Renegades....well...they're the Renegades!

It does seem as though every time someone wants to illustrate the fact that "anything can happen", they bring up 1981. I'm sure NOBODY (except perhaps Hurcs and their fans) are really hoping for a repeat of this scenario. I witnessed the championships in '81 and after watching the entire show, some judges (and I use that term loosely) told me that I didn't see the show after all. If someone steps up, takes it to the Bucs and deserves to win, that would be fine. However that is not how I had seen things in '81, and I'm sure I have lots of company. Normally, if I am not a marching member or a member of the instructional staff, I do not really care who wins, however I will always remember the empty feeling I had for the Bucs when they were announced in third.

My predictions

1- Bucs

2- ES

3- Cabs

4- MBI

5- Hurricanes

6- Brigs

7- Renegades

8- Kilties

9- Corpsvets

10- Bush

11.-Alliance

12.-Dream

13.-Cru

14.-MCL

15. -Chops, Inc

16. -Fusion Core

17- Govenaires

18 White Sabers

19 Grenadiers

20 Frontier

21 Carolina Gold

22 Gulf Coast Sound

23 Lakeshoremen

24 Shenandoah Sound

My predictions

1- Bucs

2- ES

3- Cabs

4- MBI

5- Hurricanes

6- Brigs

7- Renegades

8- Kilties

9- Corpsvets

10- Bush

11.-Alliance

12.-Dream

13.-Cru

14.-MCL

15. -Chops, Inc

16. -Fusion Core

17- Govenaires

18 White Sabers

19 Grenadiers

20 Frontier

21 Carolina Gold

22 Gulf Coast Sound

23 Lakeshoremen

24 Shenandoah Sound

I think this prediction is VERY likely. The only one I disagree with is Frontier beating Carolina Gold. I'm would be willing to bet that GCS will beat Frontier before Carolina Gold loses to them.

Here are my predictions for top 10 and why

1. Buccs ~ They are just way to far ahead of the pack. add another 2 weeks to the season, and it might be a different story.

2. Hurcs ~ Hurcs had a bad show in Scranton. They will have enough fire behind them to go back to the spot where they have been most of the season. Just not enough to beat Buccs

3. ES ~ They will be very close to Hurcs but will fall just a tiny bit short.

4. Cabs ~ They were threatened by MBI but pulled through to stay in 4th

5. MBI ~ Great Season for them. It just so happens that everyone is basically have a great season and they dont have the juice to move up further.

6. Renegades ~ You can never tell what they will pull out of their hats. They always seem to #### people off by placing higher then what is expected and this year, they will go out and kick but like usual.

7. Briggs ~ smaller but still in the game.

8. Corpvets ~ Never a suprise to see them in the top ten. WOnt be suprised to see them be higher up.

9. Bush ~ Not a strong year. Rebuilding for them. Their guard will keep them afloat. they will have enough juice to stay in the top 10

10. Cru ~ You can not completely write them off. If they truely see their potential, they will be in the top 10 where they belong.

These are results alot may not agree with once I compare to everyone else. But what the heck.

I'm pulling for MBI and Renegades to push as high as they can. :wow::lol::doh:

I'd also like to see Frontier and Gulf coast jump up a couple places. :lol::poke::lol: