2008 Standings

The world is safe now. Captain Obvious is here. :lol:

Fran

that reminds me. whoever scores highest in both classes win

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i predict that all of these predictions on here are wrong... and the only way for you to find out who will get what, is to go to DCAs rather than sit on here and wonder and guesstimate....

PS

who cares who really wins, judges will see it however they want to see it... and if your favorite corp doesnt get 3rd, 2nd or 1st and a corp you feel belongs in 5th or 4th or 6th or 2089494589430th but wins or places higher, then don't come on here and complain about it like a 5 year old and stop trying to make excuses for them and the performance they put on... they should be happy with what ever job they do, people ranting on here is not going to change what has already been said and done!!!...

my only prediction is that everyone (especially Empire :lol: ) will have a kick ### DCA weekend!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS!!! :-)

that reminds me. whoever scores highest in both classes win

That's not exactly true. What if the corps in Class A that scores the highest ends up in Open Class? They won't win in their own class because they're not in it anymore, and it's very likely that they won't win Open.

Finally... Jeff isn't 100% right with his predictions!

I think this prediction is VERY likely. The only one I disagree with is Frontier beating Carolina Gold. I'm would be willing to bet that GCS will beat Frontier before Carolina Gold loses to them.

I am with you on this one.I see GCS moving much further up the ladder.Probably around 16th place.

I was thinking the same thing after seeing Alliance this weekend.

example only ---- If Alliance ends up 10th in prelims , they go to finals and compete but they do not get the Class A championship. What if a corps wanted to just stay in Class A? There is no provision in the rules for that. I think that should be a choice for the 35-65 members corps.

I am with you on this one.I see GCS moving much further up the ladder.Probably around 16th place.

Thanks for the kind words. Its nice to know that others are enjoying our show as much as we enjoy performing it. Not sure what happened Sunday in Alpharetta as we felt that run was much better and cleaner than the run on Saturday in Douglasville but you can guarantee that we will be ready to rock on Saturday in Rochester!

See you at Paetec!

example only ---- If Alliance ends up 10th in prelims , they go to finals and compete but they do not get the Class A championship. What if a corps wanted to just stay in Class A? There is no provision in the rules for that. I think that should be a choice for the 35-65 members corps.

I think you will still see a score separation in the two classes.The CLass A corps this year are scoring well but traditionally DCA championships show them divided.The Class A corps this year are better than ever but the 7-10 corps are just that much better.

Could this be the year it changes?

Thanks for the kind words. Its nice to know that others are enjoying our show as much as we enjoy performing it. Not sure what happened Sunday in Alpharetta as we felt that run was much better and cleaner than the run on Saturday in Douglasville but you can guarantee that we will be ready to rock on Saturday in Rochester!

See you at Paetec!

Your welcome.I caught you at the Nashville show and was very pleased with what I heard.Very entertaining show.I love the music you guys play..Prior commitments kept me from coming to GA this past weekend to catch yall again.Good luck to you in Rochester and catch yall next year.

Edited by camel lips

"Can of worms for table 2 please"

Just kidding :smile:

Everyone was expecting to Blue Devils to run away with the DCI Championship this year too and we all see what happend there...

Not everyone :smile::smile:

"Can of worms for table 2 please"

Just kidding :smile:

This topic has been debated before and by the poll that was conducted it looks like a coin flip on where the DCP members stand on this issue.I would really love to hear from some of the Class A corps management about how they feel about it.

IF and when the day a Class A corps gets denied a championship for a 10th place position I feel certain we will hear plenty about it. :smile: