2008 DCI predictions.

Well, these predictions could change from Tomorrow (or as i am writing this Tonights) Shows,

I do have Bloo Low, something in my gut tells me they will pleatu as they did last year, I do have Carolina Crown Higher than them..reason Because there show is easily a top 5 show (and from what i have heard and seen people are going to be blown back)

but as everyone knows here placement changes in this Sport (i think it is one) more than the shows do...one corps can get second to last one night then go and get 2nd place two shows later, it all depends..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, these predictions could change from Tomorrow (or as i am writing this Tonights) Shows,

I do have Bloo Low, something in my gut tells me they will pleatu as they did last year, I do have Carolina Crown Higher than them..reason Because there show is easily a top 5 show (and from what i have heard and seen people are going to be blown back)

but as everyone knows here placement changes in this Sport (i think it is one) more than the shows do...one corps can get second to last one night then go and get 2nd place two shows later, it all depends..

My prediction is that despite an entire change of judging panels from Semi's to Finals at DCI Championships ( and level of performances no doubt ), that A) whatever Corps finish in 2nd and 3rd in the DCI Semi's will not win the DCI Championship outright and B) whatever Corps that finishes in 1st in the Semi's will either share or win outright the DCI Championship on Finals Night.

Edited by BRASSO

I see this every year....

People making predictions that look very similar to LAST year's final placement. It seems EVERY season of DCI there is a surprise corps that surges. You should really mix it up a bit if you want to be accurate.

I see this every year....

People making predictions that look very similar to LAST year's final placement. It seems EVERY season of DCI there is a surprise corps that surges. You should really mix it up a bit if you want to be accurate.

And last year that corps was........*edit*COLTS

I just answered my own question :thumbup:

Edited by Huntington Mallets

Ok, top 12 predictions... completely arbitrary and/or based solely on my psychic abilities... and some bias too perhaps :thumbup: Ultra detailed in order to achieve God status if right.

1st) BD and Cavies - A tie for the first time since 2000, but due to tie break rules BD comes away with the win (audience members dressed in green riot, DCI is thankful Lucas Oil Stadium wasn't finished due to complete chaos) BD comes away with the brass and percussion trophies, Cavies guard, visual and GE. Ensemble music is the tipping point for the tiebreaker, as well as BD winning one or two captions that weren't won the previous nights.

3rd) Cadets - They'll be in it to win it, but so will BD and Cavies. Let's say, 6 tenths behind 1st place(s)

4th) Phantom

5th) Bluecoats

6th) SCV

7th) Crown

This grouping of 4 will be as close as last year... this time, the case being Phantom maintaining quality, and the other 3 corps being a couple steps better. Crown's guard will place 2nd at finals, Coats or SCVs percussion also placing 2nd or 3rd. In all, I predict a similar .8 spread between Phantom and Crown as 07, but overall they will all be much closer to 3rd place... 1 point or less between Phantom and Cadets.

8th) Scouts - Will return with a vengeance :ph34r:

9th) Boston - They'll probably be pretty good

10th) Colts - No reason really.

11th) BK - Hm, well, I've just heard somethings. Probably won't drop out of finals though...

12th) Spirit - They're like always 12th. :ph34r: All meant in the friendliest way possible.

8th through 12th will be a much larger spread than the top 7... just like last year as well.

That's that, all in good fun (unless of course I end up being right, in which case I say, told ya so! :ph34r: )

1. SCV - I'm a Cadets homer, but Fiedler's move will help.

2. Cadets - They should really win!!

3. Cavaliers - Samurais. Cool.

4. Phantom - I am Spartacus!!

5. Devs - always really good

6. Crown - hooray!

7. Blue Knights - great hornline, and the best barrel rolls in DCI.

8. Boston - smart design

9. Bluecoats - They made the wrong staff replacement choice.

10. Glassmen - color guard will be amazing

11. Crossmen - back in with Planet X

12. Colts - solid all the way around

13. Acaedmy - lots of good hype

14. Spirit - just mssing

15. Blue Stars

16. Madison - sigh...I really miss them.

17. Troopers

18. Pacific Crest

19. Mandarins

20. Pioneer

1. Cadets: March and play their buts off!

2. Devs: Eh its the Devils

3. Phantom: Going old school

4. Crown: making strides

5. SCV: threeve

6. Cavaliers: Distracted with no Fiedler, not sold on a sushi show

7. Bluecoats: Still don't figure it out...

8. Blue Knights: hang around

9. BAC: pick a better show this year

10. Academy: mark it down!

11. Madison: welcome back!

12. Blue Stars: big push.

this might have been the funniest prediction i have ever read...."not sold on sushi show" almost had a heart attack there

Because you know.....other corps aren't doing the same

lol, right?? the argument their going to be good because their working hard....yeah, that holds a lot of weight