Rockford Photos

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mom(s):

Please do not take offense at my jest, which in no way a criticism of your undoubtedly talented and hardworking children.

That being said, I do find an amusing similarity between this:

crownpaint.jpg

and this:

506637433_217544f741.jpg

Wow! What a spot-on match!

Please. Three. THREE colors.

To be honest, I'd like to know the significance of the colors being in different places.....

I mean, if the Composer is mad, why not dress everyone in backwards unis?

What?

It's been done before?!?!?!?!?!?

:tongue:

Dear Mom(s):

Please do not take offense at my jest, which in no way a criticism of your undoubtedly talented and hardworking children.

That being said, I do find an amusing similarity between this:

crownpaint.jpg

and this:

506637433_217544f741.jpg

appreciate your recognition that this entire thread is a matter of personal taste rather than a reflection on the kids and their efforts. That said, I think if you see how this show develops, both visually and musically this summer, your interpretation of the "paint strip" may make more sense.

My thoughts with pictures for examples.

Good-

Madison's drumline and hornline look sharp.

IMG_0574.jpg

I thought this was Pioneer. This is the look Madison should stay with this look. The one thing I didn't like with the uniform was that little bit of hangover on the front right. The top also needs to be longer, ala early 80s Eisenhower jacket. Madison is almost getting it right

I thought this was Pioneer. This is the look Madison should stay with this look. The one thing I didn't like with the uniform was that little bit of hangover on the front right. The top also needs to be longer, ala early 80s Eisenhower jacket. Madison is almost getting it right

You dont like the jagged edge? Thats becoming popular now with uniforms, like citation cord used to be.

It gives a little bit of assymetry and uniqueness to the madison look. I wouldn't have liked the uni done normally. That wouldve looked boring and too old skool.

That being said, when I saw the sketch, I hated it. I cant tell whether or not I like uniforms by sketch. Weird.

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

I'm tellin' you if Cavies need an 8th snare i might know a guy!

You dont like the jagged edge? Thats becoming popular now with uniforms, like citation cord used to be.

It gives a little bit of assymetry and uniqueness to the madison look. I wouldn't have liked the uni done normally. That wouldve looked boring and too old skool.

That being said, when I saw the sketch, I hated it. I cant tell whether or not I like uniforms by sketch. Weird.

Actually that jagged edge does not make the uniform anymore different than the cookie cutter uniforms that exist on today's corps. Many of the styles of the 80s and early 90s were more unique. At least the return of the tie that was part of the early 80s came back to give a bit of style and uniqueness to Madison. A throwback to tradition. To bad the rest is the sameol, sameol.

Edited by sburstall

I am confused how can you say that Madison's uniforms look good on the brassline and the battery but looks horrible on the pit. it is the same uniform.

Personally I do not like the new Madison uniforms overall. They look sloppy to me. The jacket does not fit the members well. Maybe they weren't fitted correctly or something. But it just doesn't work. I appreciate them trying to do a classic look but it is not working.

Everyone else looked good.

Shannon

Without the Hat and Gauntlets like the rest of the corps, it just looks like a bad suit.