Brea review

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That took you an hour....slacker! :tongue:

j/k...even though I never marched the old VK (although i DID attend the 84 open house and that WAS the first place I ever held a G bulge), I am VERY glad to see the current corps so much in the know of the old traditions.

I told Ginger Smith aka "Mom" about the "Thanks Mom!" reply from the kids after an alumnis shouted out "Go get 'em kids!" at Semis in Pasadena 2007. Ginger used to shout this before every show the corps performed. It's something that every alumni from the 70's-90's remembers. "Mom" didn't make the performance to see the corps. (though she was there at finals). I'm sure she would've appreciated the corps remembrance/dedication to her and to all the corps moms that helped out VK in the past and the present.

So whenever you hear the yell "Go get 'em kids!" from the stands. You hear the corps members yell back in unison "Thanks Mom!" you'll understand the tradition and love that goes behind it.

Nancy

I told Ginger Smith aka "Mom" about the "Thanks Mom!" reply from the kids after an alumnis shouted out "Go get 'em kids!" at Semis in Pasadena 2007.

I know....that was Thom, Seth Gambetty, and a bunch of other VK alums....I was right next to them...ears still ringing!

Someone else yelled "UP HERE" before the Calabasas show last year.

Fun stuff!

Comin' on the field 'Nawlins funeral march style with the second line march (celebration) of Bill Bailey. ...

Nancy

Thanks, but.....NO.......

It is "St. James Infirmary" followed by "When the Saints Come Marching Home".

Edited by stylites

No...it's the VK Acecannon...it's "When The Saints Go On A Magical Mystery Tour And Come Marching In Home When They Feel Like It"....sheeesh...get your title right.

not to be that guy, but...

"When the Saints Go Marching In"

It's okay to be that guy :tongue:

Saints is actually part of the preshow Funeral procession.

To answer the question that was asked about numbers

We have 3 holes to fill in the hornline to make the 29 we have written for. We are still looking for 1 sop..err trumpet, 1 mell, and 1 bari.

The drumline is full at 6/3/5/4, Yes, we have a cymbal line!!!!

And currently we have 8 guard, but would love to have 4 more!!!

No...it's the VK Acecannon...it's "When The Saints Go On A Magical Mystery Tour And Come Marching In Home When They Feel Like It"....sheeesh...get your title right.

LOL

At least it wasn't "Fusion"

*ducks and runs like hell*

Thanks, but.....NO.......

It is "St. James Infirmary" followed by "When the Saints Come Marching Home".

Thanks Clint. My neurons aren't quite firin' right today due to total lack of sleep.