Brea review

I know....that was Thom, Seth Gambetty, and a bunch of other VK alums....I was right next to them...ears still ringing!

Someone else yelled "UP HERE" before the Calabasas show last year.

Fun stuff!

Sorry. I'll try not to yell so loud next time.... NOT! Tim Sapien, Emory Owens, Big Dale were amongst the crowd too.

(I was the one with the HUGE inflatable palm tree)

Nancy

Edited by neholgate

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No prob, Nancy. I'm in the same boat lately.....

Cool. I'm cruisin' with Clint. :tongue:

We are still looking for 1 sop..err trumpet

It's OK, Thom. The trumpet is still the soprano voice in the brass choir. You can call it a soprano if you want to. I do.

Garry in Vegas

According to the Smithsonian archives, the original is "Saints Go Marching Home."

I go by history.

http://www.folkways.si.edu/trackdetail.aspx?itemid=3191

That's not true. It says nothing of the kind through that link. You've just linked to a random recording by someone who calls it that. And it's from the late 50s.

The history is that "When The Saints Go Marching In" is a very old African-American spiritual that Louis Armstrong popularized on Decca Records in the 1930s.

That's not true. It says nothing of the kind through that link. You've just linked to a random recording by someone who calls it that. And it's from the late 50s.

The history is that "When The Saints Go Marching In" is a very old African-American spiritual that Louis Armstrong popularized on Decca Records in the 1930s.

OK....I'll stand corrected on the historical "Saints".

However, I've seen MANY arrangements over the years (including one done by one of the high schools jazz bands that I taught this year) using "home" instead of "in".

And as the arranger of a public domain, old spiritual, I can change the name to whatever I want. :tongue:

Personally, I think it should retitled "When the Muzz Goes Preachin' On", but that's just me.... :tongue:

OK....I'll stand corrected on the historical "Saints".

However, I've seen MANY arrangements over the years (including one done by one of the high schools jazz bands that I taught this year) using "home" instead of "in".

And as the arranger of a public domain, old spiritual, I can change the name to whatever I want. :tongue:

Personally, I think it should retitled "When the Muzz Goes Preachin' On", but that's just me.... :tongue:

Oh I hear an amen?!

VKJack.jpg