Stillwater Mini Review

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A comment about the Colts colorguard member that does the baton work. He is the US National Champion (more than once), PLUS marches winter guard.

Guess because it was the 2nd night, he didn't do too hot...he dropped his first toss, but the 2nd one was good. I just don't think baton work works well with Drum Corps. but of course, that's just my opinion....champion or not.

Guess because it was the 2nd night, he didn't do too hot...he dropped his first toss, but the 2nd one was good. I just don't think baton work works well with Drum Corps. but of course, that's just my opinion....champion or not.

Yep - you are most assuredly entitled to your opinion. :) Have to say, there is much more going on with the baton than high tosses - of which there are more than 2. Anyhow, the performer is a great kid and this is his first drum corps experience. Watch for the dance duet that includes the baton and dancing between this gentleman and a lady in the guard. More to come as this develops.

I know there is lots going on with Baton work. He did an awesome job with it, and like chsj04 said, he was staring into the sun while performing. However, he better get use to the sun since the majority of football fields are facing north/south, he will be staring into the sun a great deal.

Working hard with the baton and winning multiple championships is an awesome feat, however, IMO, (just as AMPS) Batons should not be in Drum Corps. :tongue:

The backside was all general admission. It was a great crowd last night, despite that between 4:30 and 5:30, it rained/drizzled steadily. After about 5:30, the sun came back out and started to dry everything back up. It turned out to be an awesome night for Drum Corps.

Phantom Regiment

1st Score: 73.60

Spartacus

IMG_0891.JPG

For only their 2nd night performing for an audience, I was really impressed. well, until they murdered one of the guard members on the 50....that was a little disturbing and unexpected...but hey, it's drum corps!

Sluggo,

Our guys from Rosemont have a decapitation scene in the opener as well, so I guess it's the year for violence in DCI :tongue:

An older couple in the audience in Rockford loved PR and Cavies show except for the violence! :tongue:

An older couple in the audience in Rockford loved PR and Cavies show except for the violence! :tongue:

Well, they're dumb. It's art! It's just like that crazy ##### Rosie refusing to have Blast on her show because of the use of rifles and sabers. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

A lot of people sitting backside . . . did they have to pay?

I remember once at Soaring Sounds there were so many spectators that they were selling backside seats for $5. I believe that was 1989 when SCV was there!

Yep. We were told the $15 tickets were sold out so we sat on the backside bleachers for $5. It kind of sucked, but hey, any night watching drum corps is awesome. I wish I could have heard the PR Buicks full blast! (By the way, in the picture of the Governaires, I could see me and my son in the stands!)