What's in your Walnut?

True - it just has the feel of 'one of those years'.

Some shows of theirs feel tighter, safer maybe, and tend to win. It seems that this show is attempting to explore new territory, which is definitely cool. If they can be daring, walk the tightrope, AND win a championship, my hat's off to them. They ARE the blue devils, so you are right, we can't count them out.

But, this feels like a 4th place show to me. Just my opinion. And, it is June. So, that opinion is subject to change ;)

Again, though - cool that they are exploring new ground and being different. I'm all for that. Progression in drum corps is always a good thing.

Haha. Maybe not always.

I'm all for using voice if it's necessary to the show and well-executed (BD 05, Crown 07), but if I wanted to hear a radio show I'd turn on the BBC.

Also . . . breast cancer??? Really, Hop? Really?

Anybody have scores for the open class corps too?

Based on my sloppy handwriting...

BDB 73.7

Yanato 68.6

VK 65.9

Gold 60.4

IMpulse 59.5

Mystical 55.2

Incognito 53.5

BD seems much weaker technically than I ever remember seeing them at this point in the season. SCV has some issues, but seems stronger, and I love their book. It's very musical. Based on what I've seen out of Regiment early season the past few years, and what I've heard, they will easily be on top of both SCV and BD.

I also believe (based on what I saw today) that SCV will top BD in percussion this year.

Again, it's still early. This is based on my initial read.

heh heh i couldn't figure out what the heck you were basing your bold PR prediction on until i read your sig line. i love your enthusiasm for your guys but let's be honest. PR isn't going to touch BD in CA, and they probably won't beat SCV either.

• Like 1

Based on my sloppy handwriting...

BDB 73.7

Yanato 68.6

VK 65.9

Gold 60.4

IMpulse 59.5

Mystical 55.2

Incognito 53.5

Thanks

I know it's early season and all but it's cool to see both BD corps with the highest scores in both divisions! Can't wait for the circus to roll into Stanford next week.

I know that I am a biased alumni, but I really feel that Regiment shouldn't have trouble topping either BD or SCV based on what I saw tonight. I feel that out of the two, SCV is more prone to give them some competition. BD was giving away some very easy stuff in the lot.

Yes, this is my biased opinion.

heh heh i couldn't figure out what the heck you were basing your bold PR prediction on until i read your sig line. i love your enthusiasm for your guys but let's be honest. PR isn't going to touch BD in CA, and they probably won't beat SCV either.

I am only talking about percussion. I would be willing to wager some cash that PR sweeps drums on the west coast.

Straight off the recap in my hand.

BD 81.9

SCV 79.5

Pacific Crest 71.7

Academy 69.6

Mandarians 69.0

BDB 73.7

Yamato 65.6

VK 65.4

Gold 60.4

Impulse 59.5

Mystikal 55.2