Spartans

First of all, corps placements don't matter until that last performance in August so you can't say the Spartans went from 1st to 15th unless they remain there this whole next month. About Peter Laflamme, the guy has directed for almost 30 years and the corps has dropped placement before, most recently in 2000 or 2001 (granted they are much further behind at the start of the competitive season than ever). Class Act = someone who can keep a corps afloat for all that time while so many Div ii/iii corps that have sprung up are now inactive/have folded.

Corps win some, lose some, then start over. Is this really so hard to grasp?

-T

Fitchburg Kingsmen Alumna

Point taken

Edited by ilikedrumcorps

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? How could a "Class act" allow a drum corps to go from 1st place to 15th (According to DCP Captions Ranking System) in one season. Sounds more like poor leadership to me.

OMG. How disgusting.

Really? How could a "Class act" allow a drum corps to go from 1st place to 15th (According to DCP Captions Ranking System) in one season. Sounds more like poor leadership to me.

From DCI.ORG, today... they are now ranked 17th...

1 Jersey Surf 74.375 0

2 Blue Devils B 72.150 0

3 Oregon Crusaders 71.300 +17

4 Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets 70.800 -1

5 Teal Sound 69.650 -1

6 Revolution 69.533 -1

7 Citations 68.000 -1

8 Spokane Thunder 66.950 +12

9 Velvet Knights 66.775 -2

10 Yamato 64.400 -2

11 Dutch Boy 63.483 0

12 Impulse 63.000 -2

13 Gold 62.000 -4

14 Colt Cadets 61.800 -1

15 Raiders 60.675 +1

16 Racine Scouts 59.400 +2

17 Spartans 58.500 -3

18 Incognito 57.100 -1

19 Mystikal 57.050 -4

20 7th Regiment 56.400 -8

21 Legends 55.050 -1

22 Blue Devils C 49.900 -2

23 Targets

I agree with you. After a little bit of research I noticed something. Spartans "dominance from years past" as someone put it only really took place between 1997 and 2007. That is about the same time that much of the staff that just left originally arrived. While it may be true that he has been able to keep the corps in existence all this time, allowing something to happen that would cause this group to leave is, in my opinion, a serious administrative failure.

I did some research and they didn't even make finals in 2000. I don't think that constitutes dominance.

Give it a rest. Until this year, they've been quite consistent. Didn't your mom ever tell you not to kick a kid when he's laying on the ground?

I did some research and they didn't even make finals in 2000. I don't think that constitutes dominance.

You should do a little bit better research... you've missed a huge flaw. The Div 2/3 scores in 2000 were inconsistant at best. Spartans, for example, scored a 90.35 two days before they performed in prelims and scored a 80.75. Look into it, friend. You'll see that there were other corps with inconsistant scores. Thankfully, not from my research but just my own observations, it doesn't seem that the judging has been as inconsistant as that. Rock on, Judges!