RIVERSIDE RIVERSIDE RIVERSIDE

Sam, do you really want to admit that you closed your eyes on the podium in 04.

Ha ha ha

Actually, during the ballad ("I'll Write a Song for You"), I HAD to (and dut the tempo to myself)...the corps was way backfield for much of it and the visual/sound delay was slowing me down...the corps was conducting me, not the other way around.

And if YOU'D been up on that wobbly-### podium we borrowed from GCS, you'd close YOUR eyes, too! :rolleyes:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the words of Tim Gunn... that's a lot of look. :worthy:

Dude...Hellen Keller could see AND hear those things!!

The guard also hd some pvc set pieces that were wrapped on the same material....somehow, they endedup in the dumpster at the hotel after prelims! :rolleyes:

Thank GOD we didn;t go through with the idea to wrap the drums in that stuff!

But that's the thing, it wasn't shave ice. It wasn't even SHAVED ice. It was GROUND ice. From ice cubes in a bag. For shave ice you need a big a** block of ice and a shaver. Not a bunch of cubes from the Frigidaire and a meat grinder. Shave ice is a gift from the gods. Ground ice is an abomination.

It was cold and soothing....that's all I cared about!

Maybe it doesn't bother me because I've had freezies all my life...that's how I get rid of flat soda....dump it in a plastic freeze cup, put it in the freezer, dig it out with a spoon on a hot day....cools the core down nicely!

The RCC show has kinda gone downhill in recent years because I can remember when there were people everywhere and lots of portapotties...now none of that.

From my time working at the show, no one wanted to use the PP facilities, so we were always directing folks to the restrooms that are on the visitors side of the stadium... as odd as that sounds.

The stadium is on the listing of things to be rebuilt. According to the RCC Master Facilities plan, it is a Priority 2 project. So, before construction starts, they have to finish the Priority 1 projects first.

P1 PROJECTS:

- New Nursing & Sciences - project underway

- New Riverside Aquatics Complex - project underway

- New Student Services/ Administration Campus-wide

- Infrastructure Upgrades

- Renovation of Wheelock Gym - project underway

- New Cosmetology

It's not a good situation the RCC marching band been put into and has been hurting somewhat financially because of it. The new parking structure and field have done a lot to improve the experience... now the band can only wait for the new grand stands (and band room).

Stadium rental of surrounding HSs are not a financially feasible option at this time.

Not trying to make excuses... just trying to state some facts.

P.S. - someone mentioned about the building of the RPA facility... that I believe is coming from a different funding source and is not a part of the campus's master plan, so that would have no effect on what's happening with the main campus.

.......................The stadium is on the listing of things to be rebuilt. According to the RCC Master Facilities plan, it is a Priority 2 project. So, before construction starts, they have to finish the Priority 1 projects first......................................

It's not a good situation the RCC marching band been put into and has been hurting somewhat financially because of it. The new parking structure and field have done a lot to improve the experience... now the band can only wait for the new grand stands (and band room)........................

Stadium rental of surrounding HSs are not a financially feasible option at this time........................................

I can appreciate the situation that RCC has, and the explanations given above. However, to continue having shows at the pitiful stadium on campus because it is not finacially feasable to rent another facility says nothing more to me than 'We know our stadium sucks but we are still going to collect your money and sit you in there because we want to make lots of money at your expense.'

Perhaps they should say 'We care about the fan experience. Therefore, while our facilities are not up to expected standards, we are going to take a little less profit by renting an alternate facility. We do this to keep the event enjoyable and hope that you will return each year because when our stadium is completed, it is going to be a great facility and venue for drum corps fan$ to watch a show.'

No matter what the reasons/excuses, it is currently a very poor location to hold a show. And, we have been hearing the reasons/excuses for the past two or three years. Put them away and care about the experience for the Fan$ not just the bottom line. They could rent another facility and still turn a profit. It just may not be as big. I think losing a little profit for a couple seasons would go a long way in keeping the fan$ happy and returning each year. I look forward to the new stadium.....whenever it gets done.

I think losing a little profit for a couple seasons would go a long way in keeping the fan$ happy and returning each year. I look forward to the new stadium.....whenever it gets done.

Someone needs to look into whether or not they would only lose "a little" profit by doing what you suggest. Considering what I am hearing about some of the fees DCI is being charged for venues they have been using since its inception and the possibility that those fees are going to force the use of new locations next year, I'm curious what kind of deal can be struck that would ensure the loss of only a little profit.

2Cool Yamato! Nice video.