Madison Scouts 2002 .....WOW

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first let me apologize to Maximillian for perpetuating the way this thread has strayed from the original, most positive and constructive intent.

As an admin, I know better and it's my fault it got this far.

Let's get back to what we were talking about in the first place.. which was the great performances we saw and heard on Sunday in Madison.

I agree with Maximillion's assessment.. and I can't wait to see Madison on the field.  I already have a bet for dinner with a friend.. he says they won't make top 6.. and I say this is a show that can get them there!

I liked that the RA Spokesman came out and "prepped" the crowd by explaining briefly that this is a different sound than most junior corps fans today are used to..  It wouldn't have mattered..  the crowd (and I) absolutely loved them!

I also can imagine the hype the kids in Capital Sound had from that awesome first standing ovation at the end of their performance.  I never much liked the idea of rock music on the field.. but they sure did a great job with the pieces they picked..  (and Frank, I called the Danny Elfman piece, didn't I?)

I'm very excited about this season.. The Madison Open house is always a good place for it to start, IMO.

I liked that the RA Spokesman came out and "prepped" the crowd by explaining briefly that this is a different sound than most junior corps fans today are used to..  It wouldn't have mattered..  the crowd (and I) absolutely loved them!

The spokesman was none other than Serge Uccetta - one of our Drum Majors (and drum major back in the '60s)

The spokesman was none other than Serge Uccetta - one of our Drum Majors (and drum major back in the '60s)

Thank you, Don!  I couldn't remember his name for the life of me..  I knew it was an unusual name.. but I didn't want to say what I thought it was and be wrong (and believe me, I would have been WAY wrong! LOL)

Great show..  can't wait to see you on the field this summer!

(:-D

Thank you, Don!  I couldn't remember his name for the life of me..  I knew it was an unusual name.. but I didn't want to say what I thought it was and be wrong (and believe me, I would have been WAY wrong! LOL)

I knew it was Serge.....Scott just never said his last name.  Probably couldn't pronounce it :)

Which brings up a question---were the Dorans, Scott Brockman and Dennis Spurlin the only old Royal Airs who weren't Italian???

Which brings up a question---were the Dorans, Scott Brockman and Dennis Spurlin the only old Royal Airs who weren't Italian???

I can't spell Adam's last name, but I'm pretty sure it's not Italian..  :)

I knew it was Serge.....Scott just never said his last name.  Probably couldn't pronounce it :)

Hehe. There's tons of them.  Jeff Helgeson, Lou Klozik, Dale Primer Adam Szlagowski, etc., etc......  Not Italians.....

-Terri