Tiger Bows Out Of SCV Winter Guard Golf Tourney

It's official. Tiger Woods will not be participating in the 2008 Vanguard Golf Outing at Spring Valley Golf Course in Milpitas on Monday afternoon, July 7. So that means there's still room for YOU to come on out and play!!!SCV will be holding their 2nd annual golf tournament to benefit...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...8&Itemid=28

SCV and the Golf Classic team tried their best to attract Tiger to make it this year. He blames the reconstructed knee, but we all really know that he simply doesn't want to drive the 20-minutes to Milpitas after hosting a weekend party in his old "Frat House" at Stanford.

He does hope to stop by the Vanguard "souvie" truck and sign autographs after YOU sign up as in one of our "last-minute" golfers. If you can't make the Tiger signings, please visit www.scvanguard.org/golf_classic and pre-register prior to Monday's tee-off! Our team will be monitoring online registrations all day on Sunday. A dozen or so spots remain to enter this great event. $150 Tournament fee includes lunch and a Steak Dinner that you would swear comes from Morton's. Hole-In-One prizes on all (5) Par 3's as well as Cash Prizes and our "Beat-The-Pro" hole where everyone attempts to win a new Driver from our resident Pro, Kelly Harrison.

Care to attempt a Hole-In-One for a new BMW? Better yet, wanna take a chance on being that lucky golfer to be drawn for a chance to win $250,000 in our Quarter-Million-Dollar Shootout?

All skill levels are welcome to join us in this "Best-Ball" event.

Even this self-descibed "Experienced Terrible Golfer" is already registered!

Show your interest and support with a One-Night Vanguard Yell! On Saturday night, at Stanford, after Dan Potter announces; "Is the corps ready?".... let's get the whole crowd to respond; "FORE!"

See you on Saturday, and hopefully again on Monday at noon!

WHERE IN THE HECK DID VANGUARD GET $$$250,000 TO JUST GIVE AWAY!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Insurance. The hole must be over a minimum number of yards. I believe the cost of insurance is directly related to a combination of yards to pin from the tee, hole difficulty, and the value of the prize. I was at a tourney when someone hit a hole in one. Since the hole was not over the minimum number of yards, he did not get the car.

I won a green and red Audi at last year's tourney. Ball went into the hole after hitting a narrator. Get up off your duff and go support the Vanguard!

Don't you think Mr. Woods would serve the corps better to just write a check? C'mon.

I'm a bit skeptical myself.

Ahhh, gotta love sarcasm and cluelessness on the internet.

In other news, yesterday, Michael Jordan signed a $50 million Dinkles shoe deal.....................

Insurance. The hole must be over a minimum number of yards. I believe the cost of insurance is directly related to a combination of yards to pin from the tee, hole difficulty, and the value of the prize.

Yes! - We have a Winner!

(1) Shot - (1) Player by random draw on Hole #2 - 168 yards (minimum is 135 yds.)

That could be YOU! sign up now at www.scvanguard.org/golf_classic