Vista, CA

Alright, so this is only the last three corps of the evening. This was the only show I could go to so I had to see my friends in the lot.

Blue Devils - L-O-U-D this hornline is almost painfully loud at times. In a good way. You have to see this show at least 5 times to catch everything going on. It is seriously like the staff went "wouldn't it be funny if we made them do...", but then actually put it in the show. This show is just plain entertaining. Guard is amazing. Drumline is smoking. Hornline is balls to the walls. My only criticism is the closer. It sounds a little different than the rest of the show. Also it is pretty dirty. I have been told there are many changes coming to that though.

SCV - Typical SCV. Looks like SCV sounds like SCV. That is the SCV of this decade though. Which I can take or leave. Honestly it kind of went in one ear and out the other. The music didn't really grab me and the hornline sounded reserved compared to BD before them. I was down low and I see their field scores hurting them when the field judges come into play. The show ends abruptly. "They are done right?" "I think so the drum major just turned around." If the closer still isn't in why not? It's been two weeks. That just shows me that any changes they put in the show through tour is going to be slow to adapt and going to end up hurting them in the long run.

Phantom - I actually enjoyed Phantom, which is an oddity for me. Powerful hornline. Just a tab softer than BD. Lots of in your face hits in the first couple of minutes. I was enjoying the show until they started killing people left and right. First one "wow, that was dark" second one, "alright, still killing people" third one, "STOPKILLINGPEOPLE". I understand the I am spartacus chant. I still find it cheesy. The corps looked rather clean. I feel they had the cleanest show of the night concerning all aspects from top to bottom. Visual though is a problem. Hornline members look like the are all marching different techniques. Not a guard person, but I was told the guard isn't really up to snuff. Mellophone solo was ####! Props to you.

BD is in a league of their own. They are proving that 07 wasn't west coast politics.

The gap between them and the top will widen for SCV. Significant changes and field performance will pull them down.

Phantom will be knocking on the door of the top 3, but no one is letting them in.

PS West coast inflation my ###.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was enjoying the show until they started killing people left and right. First one "wow, that was dark" second one, "alright, still killing people" third one, "STOPKILLINGPEOPLE"

LOL! Best review line of the year! :thumbup:

Yes, thank you for the review, but I agree with the comment above, you're not a marching member of the Blue Devils anymore, so try to drop some of that arrogance will ya? Attitudes like this are why I have such a difficult time (although I do it anyway) loving the Blue Devils.

nice review hun'er... now stop being an arrogant pr1ck. lol jk

looking forward to some texas shows

Edited by newterak

Alright, so this is only the last three corps of the evening. This was the only show I could go to so I had to see my friends in the lot.

Blue Devils - L-O-U-D this hornline is almost painfully loud at times. In a good way. You have to see this show at least 5 times to catch everything going on. It is seriously like the staff went "wouldn't it be funny if we made them do...", but then actually put it in the show. This show is just plain entertaining. Guard is amazing. Drumline is smoking. Hornline is balls to the walls. My only criticism is the closer. It sounds a little different than the rest of the show. Also it is pretty dirty. I have been told there are many changes coming to that though.

SCV - Typical SCV. Looks like SCV sounds like SCV. That is the SCV of this decade though. Which I can take or leave. Honestly it kind of went in one ear and out the other. The music didn't really grab me and the hornline sounded reserved compared to BD before them. I was down low and I see their field scores hurting them when the field judges come into play. The show ends abruptly. "They are done right?" "I think so the drum major just turned around." If the closer still isn't in why not? It's been two weeks. That just shows me that any changes they put in the show through tour is going to be slow to adapt and going to end up hurting them in the long run.

Phantom - I actually enjoyed Phantom, which is an oddity for me. Powerful hornline. Just a tab softer than BD. Lots of in your face hits in the first couple of minutes. I was enjoying the show until they started killing people left and right. First one "wow, that was dark" second one, "alright, still killing people" third one, "STOPKILLINGPEOPLE". I understand the I am spartacus chant. I still find it cheesy. The corps looked rather clean. I feel they had the cleanest show of the night concerning all aspects from top to bottom. Visual though is a problem. Hornline members look like the are all marching different techniques. Not a guard person, but I was told the guard isn't really up to snuff. Mellophone solo was ####! Props to you.

BD is in a league of their own. They are proving that 07 wasn't west coast politics.

The gap between them and the top will widen for SCV. Significant changes and field performance will pull them down.

Phantom will be knocking on the door of the top 3, but no one is letting them in.

I read and appreciate all of the reviews, but after having watched all of the corps shows this year, find some of the comments to be outlandish.

It is for that reason, that I wish to thank all reviewers for including their corps affiliations in their avatars and or subscripts. That helps to put some context to the inanity. Hard to answer the door when nobody's home.

Like, seriously now.

It seems to me that you aren't sure yourself of last years win. If your going to give an idea of what went down, great, but please stick to the show, not last year in summation. By the way, does BD use illegal voice modifications this year?

Don't know how I was arrogant. I didn't like what SCV offered and from the field level they were dirty. But because I marched the Blue Devils, I'm all of a sudden out of line?

I may be biased, but the scores pretty much reflected what I said. You came here for my impression. Sorry I didn't like the corps you marched.

Don't know how I was arrogant. I didn't like what SCV offered and from the field level they were dirty. But because I marched the Blue Devils, I'm all of a sudden out of line?

I may be biased, but the scores pretty much reflected what I said. You came here for my impression. Sorry I didn't like the corps you marched.

It has very little to do with "the corps you marched" and much more to do with my corps "is Gods gift to drum corps". You may never learn what I'm talking about. I hope you someday do. It's called humility. If not, I feel sorry for you and members of any corps that may share perspectives similar to yours.