Vista, CA

It seems to me that you aren't sure yourself of last years win. If your going to give an idea of what went down, great, but please stick to the show, not last year in summation. By the way, does BD use illegal voice modifications this year?

I was there, it happened, took pictures. Pretty sure of the win.

I told you what went down. Sorry my review wasn't your cup of tea, (Note: I'm not actually sorry)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has very little to do with "the corps you marched" and much more to do with my corps "is Gods gift to drum corps". You may never learn what I'm talking about. I hope you someday do. It's called humility. If not, I feel sorry for you and members of any corps that may share perspectives similar to yours.

Because I really liked their show? There are plenty of BD shows I don't like. There are plenty of SCV shows I do like. Concerning 2008, I love BD's show and could care less for SCV. And I like Phantom. And if there was confusion the word DCP censored about Phantom's mello solo was a good thing. I really liked the solo.

I know humility. I also know when someone is talking down to me. Take my perspective for what it is, not what you find it to be.

Are you guys serious?

I've never seen someone flamed this bad for an honest review.

Are you guys serious?

I've never seen someone flamed this bad for an honest review.

Seriously.

It's like the Blue Devils are the Harvard of drum corps. It doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, people are always going to react to it like you're more arrogant than everyone else.

And anyway, there's nothing wrong with bias if the OP clearly has his allegiances in his signature. It's not like he's trying to pass himself off as the voice of objectivity.

i'm sure there are many, MANY people who would argue w/ you about that Harvard reference...

i'm sure there are many, MANY people who would argue w/ you about that Harvard reference...

Let's argue about that instead :thumbup:

sounds good to me....

man, i wish i could go to the Stanford show today.....

man, i wish i could go to the Stanford show today.....

Me too! But I'm still waaaay too tired from last night. By the time I got home, posted my review and pics, I didn't get to bed until around 2:30 a.m. :thumbup:

Fan Network will have to suffice I guess. :winky:

I was there, it happened, took pictures. Pretty sure of the win.

I told you what went down. Sorry my review wasn't your cup of tea, (Note: I'm not actually sorry)

This is exactly the reason I hate the competition aspect of drum corps. Mikey's right, you are flaunting it just a bit. One of the reasons some people don't like BD is because of the "holier than thou" attitude. I know there are some nice people in the organization, but sometimes the attitude comes out a bit too much. Just because you got it, don't mean you should flaunt it.

One positive thing I do have to say, Mike had a great picture of the BD drumline doing their preshow thing outside the stadium, and the bassdrummers letting the little kids jam with them. As a parent, that makes my heart smile. Nice stuff going on there.

To the OP's credit, BD is in a class of their own right now, but just remember, wins in early June don't equal a ring in August (ask your brother en from 1988 about that. Those folks were clean as heck in June and July, but had their arse's handed to them in August). Much luck to BD and all of the other groups this summer. I don't care about scores, I just want to be entertained!!!!

Edited by Newseditor44

Me too! But I'm still waaaay too tired from last night. By the time I got home, posted my review and pics, I didn't get to bed until around 2:30 a.m. :w00t:

Fan Network will have to suffice I guess. :winky:

wanna loan me $15??? :thumbup::w00t: