bluecaots show revisited

Just watched the Kalamazoo show. Much much better, yeah Bloo! The announcer can be heard, has a great accent and lots of uummp! The ballad, lowering the horns slowley and allowing time for applause, great idea. Someone with authority finally put it together. Wow what an improvemment. Now the kids need to watch those verticals in the opener, particularly brass. Low brass still sounds very draggy through out the show. And if someone with big percussion authority could pppllleeaassseee, put the dl back in double time when they come off the sidelines after the singing of the ballad! Thiere is a huge, I am taklking huge visual difference since it has been changed to slow motion. It looks scaled down, like they can't do it faster, and they can, I have seen it. It changes the whole visual show for dl in my opioion, which counts for nothing, but thought it was worth a try. Bump that dl back up where they belong.

Luv ya Bloooooooooo! Percussion #1 fan. Bass is the place.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know who the announcer is? I've heard it's one of the DMs...I think it might be my one friend.

Saw the Kazoo video and it's a totally different show (from Madison). Love it.

Edited by FTNK

Watching it in Madison, I thought, "this show doesn't need narration - it's fine."

Now in the intro, I'm all, "Oh, so *that's* what they're doing!" Hah. :)

Shows me, I guess. I think the voice near the end got lost in the corps, but that might be either the recording or the stadium, too.

Mike

My first two viewings of this show left me a little cold. However, last night in Kalamazoo it really came alive. This seemed to be the one show of the evening that made much of an emotional impact on the crowd, myself included. I may end up liking this one.

Edited by ChicagoFan

My first two viewings of this show left me a little cold. However, last night in Michigan City it really came alive. This seemed to be the one show of the evening that made much of an emotional impact on the crowd, myself included. I may end up liking this one.

woah. a post from the future.

What a difference a week makes! Just saw the video, and had to watch it 3-4 times to really appreciate the progress they have made. You can tell the corps is young, but is full of talent! if they improve at this rate for the rest of the season, they will be in good shape to fight for a top spot. I think Cavaliers and Blue Devils are the corps to beat, but this show can contend for a spot anywhere from 3rd-7th depending on how their show and other shows around them develop. The added effect from the announcer was great and enjoyable. Shows how voice can be used effectively to enhance a musical production! So far this is my favorite show of the year, and from the video, it sounds like the crowd is really digging it as well.

Go Bluuuuuu

What a difference a week makes! Just saw the video, and had to watch it 3-4 times to really appreciate the progress they have made. You can tell the corps is young, but is full of talent! if they improve at this rate for the rest of the season, they will be in good shape to fight for a top spot. I think Cavaliers and Blue Devils are the corps to beat, but this show can contend for a spot anywhere from 3rd-7th depending on how their show and other shows around them develop. The added effect from the announcer was great and enjoyable. Shows how voice can be used effectively to enhance a musical production! So far this is my favorite show of the year, and from the video, it sounds like the crowd is really digging it as well.

Go Bluuuuuu

more like 7th...