The new judging system explained

Seams to me that the scores are going to be vastly changing in a hurry with the larger panel. I am surprised this hasn't been talked about more. Any comments/predictions with corps and their relative placements?

This thread seems to be as good as any to ask this:

So DCI was saving money by going to a 5-judge panel until last night

Is DCI still going to blow money by incorporating the double GE panels?

Seams to me that the scores are going to be vastly changing in a hurry with the larger panel. I am surprised this hasn't been talked about more. Any comments/predictions with corps and their relative placements?

I predict that there will be little to no effect whatsoever in the placements and point differentials between the Blue Devils, Cavaliers.

I also predict that any noticeable difference ( if any at all ) in scoring point differentials and placement will be detected with movement with Corps currently ranked below 8th place.

Time will tell!

Edited by BRASSO

Only for Championships.

Edited by SnoopyEuph

As was pointed out, it's only for the World Championships. It's what the voting members wanted.

As the judge interviewed pointed out, the system is in a continuous state of flux, depending on what is established as being the best course of action for the time.

not a fan...if DCI wants to save money, they should seriously consider decreasing the number of shows...bad for the fans, but member dues are astoundingly high as it is. I have been to three shows this summer so far, and I took every single score with a grain of salt. not only have certain captions not recieved any feedback until now, those judges will get limited views before finals which could hinder their judging as the more they see the show, the more they understand what the intent of it is. besides in the past, some corps have placed higher or lower than others based on strong guard or brass (for example) scores.

on a side note...after talking with a colorguard member of a "World Class" corps (i still call it Div I), he was surprised when finding out about the no guard judge and said it was like they didn't count. did anyone consider the members viewpoint when "voting members wanted" this? obviously not, because the voting members have put through a lot of things recently that the masses flat out hate (as voiced ferociously on here and at shows)