Sun Devils Are for REAL!

Anyone sitting out there that thought that this corps was never going to make it....guess what? They are for REAL! When I awoke this morning and saw their score....a smile came across my face and I thought about that first meeting and those first rehearsals WOW! Now look at you. Whatever you are doing...DON'T STOP!

Again there are some people who have worked tirelessly to make this happen and special props go to John Hoekstra and his wife Tammy, John Johnson, Mark Cole, Alan Mundy but also add the members who have worked very hard he past couple of months to make a dream a reality. Thank you all for your hard work!!!!

Anyone sitting out there that thought that this corps was never going to make it....guess what? They are for REAL! When I awoke this morning and saw their score....a smile came across my face and I thought about that first meeting and those first rehearsals WOW! Now look at you. Whatever you are doing...DON'T STOP!

Again there are some people who have worked tirelessly to make this happen and special props go to John Hoekstra and his wife Tammy, John Johnson, Mark Cole, Alan Mundy but also add the members who have worked very hard he past couple of months to make a dream a reality. Thank you all for your hard work!!!!

I didn't have the chance to seem them performing, but I did watch a part of their warm-ups and I was really really impressed. Way to go Sun Devils, keep it up.

It has to be the right people with the desire and motivation. I have named them all before.

Pretty incredible that this idea could be realized in such an amazingly short time.

This has to be great encouragement for any one starting, or building, a corps out there!

Congrats!

:tongue:

Whoa man, they came out of the sun. Never saw this coming.

Is this a start from scratch group or a reencarnation of Heat Wave? Not taking anything away from this appearantly steller corps, I'm just really curious how this thing got off the ground so quickly and now is on the attack.

Yes, I know, plain hard work. There has to have been some planned and lucky breaks on the way.

I've found this activity really soaks up the money and you really don't get going very fast on just a couple cylinders.

I thought High Country was doing well but this is a little unreal.

Good going guys, looks like Sun Devils may be the up and coming "Big Boy" of the South".

Edited by Kansan

Is this a start from scratch group or a reencarnation of Heat Wave? Not taking anything away from this appearantly steller corps, I'm just really curious how this thing got off the ground so quickly and now is on the attack.

Yes, I know, plain hard work. There has to have been some planned and lucky breaks on the way.

I've found this activity really soaks up the money and you really don't get going very fast on just a couple cylinders.

Good going guys, looks like Sun Devils may be the up and coming "Big Boy" of the South".

Sun Devils have made the first show. We all realize there is a great deal left to do. Thanks all !!

This is not a reincarnation of Heatwave! There are only a very few former Heatwavers in the corps. It started with a few phone calls between Bill Slover, JJ, Lou Labetti, John Hoekstra and I. within a couple of weeks there was a meeting and then another meeting and then the first rehearsal. From there John Hoekstra has led the corps with great assistance from all the above and add Eddy and Mary Doherty and the staff. Now you have The Sun Devils! The plan was put in place in November and continued to the first competition yesterday which resulted in a very nice score for a corps that didn't march the entire show. As time goes on I think SD will be in the thick of A class comp at DCA along with some great corps. DCA is really exciting!!!!

This is not a reincarnation of Heatwave! There are only a very few former Heatwavers in the corps. It started with a few phone calls between Bill Slover, JJ, Lou Labetti, John Hoekstra and I. within a couple of weeks there was a meeting and then another meeting and then the first rehearsal. From there John Hoekstra has led the corps with great assistance from all the above and add Eddy and Mary Doherty and the staff. Now you have The Sun Devils! The plan was put in place in November and continued to the first competition yesterday which resulted in a very nice score for a corps that didn't march the entire show. As time goes on I think SD will be in the thick of A class comp at DCA along with some great corps. DCA is really exciting!!!!

Have you guys looked into the possiblity SunDevils may have set some kind of record in regard to establishing a DCA Corps and putting it on the filed in record time let alone your 1st score being really good.

I look forward to seeing you guys in person at finals maybe 2010 ish.

Ragards,

Jeff,

Prairie Sound!

This is not a reincarnation of Heatwave!

Or course not, but inheriting a set of horns probably didn't hurt. A nice start regardless. And not a bad score either.

I was at the Manassas show and I'm sorry I missed most of the Sun Devils' performance.... I had to run an errand for my wife.

I did catch some of the Sun Devils show from the side, and I gotta say..... it is really amazing what you guys and gals have done in such a short amount of time.

The show is obviously still a work in progress, but again, congrats on your DCA debut!!!!!

Fran