What's with all the homeless people on the 50 yard lines at shows?

No, really. What is with the sound tech's all these corps have on the 50 yard line dressed like bums or homeless people? Not to be a prude or a complete arse, but wouldn't it be a good idea to at least be clean cut with a decent set of slacks/shoes on for the performance? Has anyone else noticed this?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, really. What is with the sound tech's all these corps have on the 50 yard line dressed like bums or homeless people? Not to be a prude or a complete arse, but wouldn't it be a good idea to at least be clean cut with a decent set of slacks/shoes on for the performance? Has anyone else noticed this?

I don't know; it honestly doesn't bother me. Usually the staff member who operates the sound board is dressed like most of the other staff members ("casual"). The sound board is out of the pit area, so I don't even notice it most of the time: I'm usually watching the corps on the field.

Wow...thats funny. I kinda thought the same thing.

Would it hurt for the corps to supply them with a polo shirt (and require them to wear it) or something. They are a reflection of the corps too.

What 28 total posts and you degrade homeless people. Smart. Very smart.

Just say you don't like amplification and move on. No need for rude comments on the plights of the homeless...many of home are mentally troubled or deficient and the facilities to help shelter and work with them are closing right and left.

But, you keep up the arse-like comments....that will make things better.

:tongue:

um, i did notice that they aren't dressed professionally. i know that the staff is dressed casually, but they're not quite as visible. i must say i'd be inclined to see the soundboard person dressed in a corps polo/khakis or something similar. even khaki shorts.... but some kind of nicer look with a corps shirt.

Theater tech folks always dress in black ... That might not be a bad standard for the sound folks.

I brought this up in a thread after Finals last year as a friendly suggestion. I agree that the sometimes slovenly dress and posture/demeanor of the sound board operators reflects poorly on the corps and is in stark contrast to the discipline and pagentry taking place on the field directly in front of him. Would it be so bad to put on a nice corps polo shirt and decent hat/shorts/shoes/socks and sit up straight while you are (somewhat) on display representing your corps???