What's with all the homeless people on the 50 yard lines at shows?

Yeah, and that's a whole different discussion about staff members dress and behavior in general :tongue: But for the most part, they're not "on display" during the production -- just before and after and "backstage", if you will. Except for this one guy, that is -- would it be so bad to put him in a corps polo shirt and hat and tell him to sit up straight??

I know what you mean...and tend to agree. It's a little deal, but yes, if I were a corps director I'd at least make sure the person looked presentable.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can't ask sound board operators to dress in uniform and maintain the myth that they aren't performing members, don't you see?

I realize you're trying to be coy -- but no one said they should wear a uniform -- just not flip flops and ratty t-shirts/shorts and sit with your foot up on the equipment. Please don't try to make my argument more than it is ....

well normally the techs have been on tour with the group and out in the sun, and basically in the same conditions as the members.... only they dont have a nice uniform to put on, and personally ive found it a kinda hard to keep a nice crease in my slacks and a crisp collar on my shirts when they are in suitcases being tossed around under a bus.

Again -- never said "crisp collar" or "nice crease" -- please don't dismiss my argument with hyperbole -- just take it as stated. It would be no trouble to have a nice corps souvie shirt and hat and not sit with your exposed feet up on the equipment. Just a tiny little amount of decent dress and decorum is all I'm asking ..... it's the least they can do to not distract from the huge amount of discipline and pagentry on the field.

Here's the solution.

privacy_fence.jpg

There ya go! Not only louder wall of sound than most corps today but even untreated lumber looks cleaner.

Look, I am not "trying to degrade people". Why in the world would you not have these people on corps shirts and clean cut sitting right on th 50 yard line? The last show I went to this year, everyone one of them were wearing flip flops, very worn shorts, very worn non-corps t-shirs and long unkempt hair in a pony tail.

BTW what does 28 posts have to do with having a valid discussion point?

MelloDude,

I see you’ve met Tom.

He is simply trying to bury your criticism by redirecting the discussion. Instead of discussing the subject you started, he makes you into a bad person; one insensitive to the plight of the homeless. It’s a common debate tactic here. After reading his post, others will be emboldened by the denunciation and take more shots at you; because you’re a bad person and your point is without merit because of your character flaws.

28 posts or 3090, you have a right to do just as you are doing. And Tom has his rights too.

Welcome to DCP.

By the way, I can see your point. I don’t know how much it would bother me, but, if I had my own corps, I would buy the sound guy a polo short.

Oh. Wait. I wouldn’t have a sound guy in my corps.

Never mind.

I think flip flops is fine, this guy is on tour everyday slaving away the idea of him having to dress up for you when your not supposed to be looking at him in the first place seems a little much to me.

And Many of you have been members of Corps you know how the summer is.

Its a football field!! not an Opera Hall. Do you want A/C too? How 'bout a nice reclining chair? Where will it end. It Raw, Athletic Drum Corp!

Well, if the corps can plug in, then . . . :tongue:

LOL... Right Well ill bring my mini fridge so we can have some cold ones during the show.