Another Chesapeake Review 7/7/08

BTW here is a review from someone else just posted in another thread from the same show.

"Crossmen: the brass arrangements just do not work for me, and percussion was not a tight job tonight. I thought brass

performance has improved since Madison, but I don't think the book is very effective. I thought the guard was

decent tonight and the visual package is probably the best part of the show, but it may be a bit late to attempt

major musical re-writes............."

It's not uncommon for someone to have 2 DCP accounts. Funny how Bob984 who wrote this, has he same initials as you do, except they are backwards signed "GB"

Just an observation...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...=114498&hl=

Can you tell me how a non-paid bari tech knows so much about drill design? I'm curious.

Edited by xbones7480

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Crossmen in Beverly, and in my review of them on Soundmachine I said that I thought they were vastly improved over 2007.....I liked the show, and I thought the corps visually was MUCH better than it has been.

The op's take on BAC didn't seem to have much in common with the fan reaction, either, for that matter.

I was a Bari Tech for the entire winter/spring season in 00-01 thanks. The normal guy couldn't be there until tour. I even ran ensemble a couple times.....I am sorry I am forgettable and not in the cool guys club. I was just a fill in and they asked me to tour without pay....it was my first drum corps teaching experience. I could not tour for free and I do not know why everyone is drinking haterade....I Love the Crossmen and think they are on the right track, but the show was just poorly designed. Take a look at the recaps and tell me that I am alone in that opinion? They have horses in the corps, but the books are just...well....not doing it.

BTW here is a review from someone else just posted in another thread from the same show.

"Crossmen: the brass arrangements just do not work for me, and percussion was not a tight job tonight. I thought brass

performance has improved since Madison, but I don't think the book is very effective. I thought the guard was

decent tonight and the visual package is probably the best part of the show, but it may be a bit late to attempt

major musical re-writes............."

I do remember you, just not from the 2000-2001 Crossmen season. I remember you from 1998 Tarheel Sun.

I was a Bari Tech for the entire winter/spring season in 00-01 thanks. The normal guy couldn't be there until tour. I even ran ensemble a couple times.....I am sorry I am forgettable and not in the cool guys club. I was just a fill in and they asked me to tour without pay....it was my first drum corps teaching experience. I could not tour for free and I do not know why everyone is drinking haterade....

Just trying to clear something up. Relax. Hey, I could care less if you didn't like the show. There are parts of it I am not completely sold on yet, and I'm glad to know that changes are underway as we speak to much of those areas. But I wouldn't characterize the show as the kind of train wreck you are. But whatever. Diff'rent strokes and all that jazz.

It's just that I've spent parts of 16 seasons with the Crossmen, was around the corps every single day of the 2000 and 2001 seasons and don't remember you at all. Your name, you running any ensemble rehearsals, nothing. It could be my memory is fuzzy, but then again...maybe it isn't. If you did, cool. If not, well, I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for the review.

Ok, so comments like these make me hate the way people cannot take constructive criticism in drum corps. A non-paid bari tech that was getting his feet wet 8 years ago has problably done some other things since then. Howabout you email me and we can discuss resumes. brassinstructor@yahoo.com

2 accounts.....you have to be kidding me...you need to either get a clue or life. This is a public forum and chastizing people should not be on your agenda for just writing a freaking review of a mediocre drum corps show. It shouldn't matter if I was the potato slicer for the Pawtucket Jets Drum Corps in 1955.

Oh, and Hi Drew. How is Married life? I talked to your dad the other day when I went to M&A to get a horn fixed for a student.

Edited by brassinstructor

Crossmen...

I was extremely dissapointed with their show. Many many mistakes, with stepoffs, entrances, tosses, you name it..it went wrong. I hope this was just a bad night, but from the scoring it seems this may have become the standard. The show design is just plain bad. It is a BOA show that got ahold of some bad drugs.

Yeah, this comment sounds very constructive!

Not all reviews are constructive. Its a review, not gospel.

Xmen are going through growing pains. New staff. New approach. New members. Etc. Its obvious.

But this thread is getting close to the 'beating a dead horse' stages. :bla:

Credentials or not, its a review from a fan of drum corps :thumbdown: ......who cares? Let's move forward.

I digress, they have another month to bust a move :lol:

"brothers gotta hug!"

It's not uncommon for someone to have 2 DCP accounts. Funny how Bob984 who wrote this, has he same initials as you do, except they are backwards signed "GB"

Just an observation...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...=114498&hl=

Can you tell me how a non-paid bari tech knows so much about drill design? I'm curious.

Are you new? Every MF on here thinks they are qualified to judge all captions. How many times do we hear "so and so got screwed" "so and so should have won"? Get off his back. He didn't like the show and said some negative things. Big deal.