Blue Knights Guard Drop (on head)

From the 8th row in the 50, that was a mean hit! She got on off the field and stayed in bounds but after about 30 seconds she touched her head and came back with a hand full of blood. In many years, I haven't seen such an injury!

Only after that point did a staff member help her off the field and to the tunnel (mid-show). There was quite a spot left on the front where she was kneeling. OUCH!

I hope she'll be in for the remainder of the season!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! Yeah, I noticed this during the show as well. Looks like she got hit with the narrow end of the rifle-a perfect shot to the face unfortunately. You can see it at 1:29 on the DCI Fan Network (under "On the Field"). I give her props for trying to go on. I also hope she'll be able to continue the season.

I think it was either 2003 or 2004 when a judge got hit on the nose pretty well by some guard member. Talk about a point deduction! :thumbup:

I think it was either 2003 or 2004 when a judge got hit on the nose pretty well by some guard member. Talk about a point deduction! :thumbup:

My buddy and former VK Mark Petrash.

Yeah that was in 2002. I think it was the San Antonio show, but I could be wrong. It was in our closer, the guard brought out these huge flags and Petrash got smacked in the nose...

Any report on how shes is doing this morning? Anyone in contact with the Blue Knights?

12 stitches later and she will be on the bus tonight! Congrats Ashley you have your own thread on DCP!

Edited by MnM