2008 DCI Show Reviews

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we need more episodes of Box Center! :tongue: 3 months inbetween is too long. We need to have at least one a month if not weekly now that this is the prime season! :devil:

Expect a new BC released either tonight or tomorrow.

Potential topics:

• DCI San Antonio
  • DCA update
  • MilleniuM - 2008 Italian champions
  • My Erie Thunderbirds experience

I've got an interview with Randy Warner, president of the Las Vegas Marching Arts, which I need to edit. Expect that in one of the next two episodes after this week.

Spartacus was played by Kirk Douglas, not Charlston Heston.

Common to mistake these two brawny, hairy chested, full voiced, giants of the screen for each other. :tongue:

Terrific reviews!!!

Edited by troon8

Spartacus was played by Kirk Douglas, not Charlston Heston.

Common to mistake these two brawny, hairy chested, full voiced, giants of the screen for each other. :tongue:

Terrific reviews!!!

Especially considering that Douglas made Spartacus because of Ben-Hur - He wanted his own epic to star in since he didn't get the Ben-Hur role.

I'll make the correction in the review pronto.

2008 Santa Clara Vanguard review is up:

http://boxcenterblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/...how-review.html

I've also turned on comments on the blog. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Hey Kevin, great job on these reviews!

One correction: SCV's opener is an amalgam of The Chairman Dances and The Man in the Bath. The second piece is Eclipse by Talvin Singh. The original is maybe best described as techno-Indian. There's been some confusion in some of the reviews, with some calling it Latin and others calling it Egyptian. I think SCV needs a tabla player in the pit to really get the Indian flavor across, although that may not be their intention.

2008 Santa Clara Vanguard review is up:

http://boxcenterblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/...how-review.html

I've also turned on comments on the blog. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Hey Kevin, great job on these reviews!

One correction: SCV's opener is an amalgam of The Chairman Dances and The Man in the Bath. The second piece is Eclipse by Talvin Singh. The original is maybe best described as techno-Indian. There's been some confusion in some of the reviews, with some calling it Latin and others calling it Egyptian. I think SCV needs a tabla player in the pit to really get the Indian flavor across, although that may not be their intention.

Bill,

Thanks for the correction. I've made changes to my review to reflect this new info. I thought that middle section didn't sound like Phillip Glass. It had too much melody. :tongue:

Thank you so much for this effort. I never got to read the Carolina Crown review and that link no longer works. Was it just taken down for space?