DATR Review

I agree that Devs will peak early, but it won't be the Cavaliers catching them (music book is too weak, in my opinion)....Devs are clean, but I find the music book choppy and not nearly as musical as Phantom or Crown. Phantom just beat Devs across the board in each music caption(as I said they would earlier) last night, and once their marching execution catches up....game, set, and match......the whole margin was visual, and even with that they sliced the lead considerably in just 2 days. I don't see Cavs any higher than 3rd with their brass book.....don't count out Crown, either, as they do have a very strong product that could win........for a long time, we have had many "cast in iron big-three years".....BD, Cavs, Cadets......but I believe the mold will be shattered this year...........

GB

It would be great to see Phantom win again, or see a new champion in Crown, but if the Devs can't do it, I don't see Crown and Phantom being able to match the overall performance level of the Cavaliers at the end of the season.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well excuse me for being positive and liking the Knights!!! I did not know I was such an offensive guy. Last time I checked and I do often, I did not like the direction in 2001 because many of those that went through that difficult season were my friends that I marched with!! Please read my review again, while it may be a lofty goal for them to beat SCV, Bluecoats etc... it is not out of the question. Remember that they trailed Crown in '06 for the entire summer, BAC in '05 for the entire summer and Crossmen in '04 for the entire summer before beating them in the end!!! I never said Robbie's design was superior to any corps, I just said that this is the best design I have seen drill/choreography wise since the great one of 2000. What in the world gives you the right to try and belittle my sense of how I write or what I believe in? Last time I checked I am a musician not a soccer mom that has been teaching for almost a decade. Due to my "irresponsible" teachings I managed to have great success as head of a Texas 5A brass program and have had many students go on to march, be music majors, and march drum corps. I am passionate and I care about the Blue Knights. I honestly believe in their direction and the way in which it is written. You don't think Madison (last few years), Colts, Academy Troopers etc... wouldn't like to have the success they have had the past 5 years and be where BK is today? I truly believe it is a privelidge to be a top 12 corps and think it is degrading to see it as any other thing. BK has no feeder corps like BD or SCV and don't have the coasts to draw from like many groups yet they still have pulled in consistent talent. This is a huge turnover year and I am excited to see how well this young talent is performing. Is that wrong? Am I a terrible person for believing in the corps? Harvey's Reviews are always great and I enjoy them too. If you don't like me or mine then that's fine, but I thought you really crossed the line. I am entitled to my opinion even if you don't like it. So enjoy your season and remember that what I am writing about is how proud I am of the kids, not for my own personal glory!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I don't care if you think I crossed the line. But to put 30, repeat 30 exclamation points in BK's paragraph, isn't that a bit much? And you clearly stated BD is this year's winner, they received a total of 9! points from you.

And I noticed you mentioned Santa Clara was doing same old traditional stuff, but every other review I have seen as been very positive about SCV minus their closer which I agree. Nobody said you couldn't not like the Knights and be passionate. Just be a little more realistic for Christ's sake. And the reference about Crown wasn't 06, it was last year that you claimed BK would beat them by season's end. Whoever said you had irresponsible teachings? Who said it? Nobody but yourself. You are making up stuff now which puts your reputation on the line. Nobody called you a terrible person. Again you are making up accusations. Chill and take constructive criticism for what it is. Not to make up accusations that nobody has flung your way. But you did say Robbie has written the most amazing difficult drill. It's right here in black and white. What would that imply to others? Geez, stop being so sensitive and taking everything as a personal attack towards you.

Edited by bstar82

I don't care if you think I crossed the line. But to put 30, repeat 30 exclamation points in BK's paragraph, isn't that a bit much? And you clearly stated BD is this year's winner, they received a total of 9! points from you.

And I noticed you mentioned Santa Clara was doing same old traditional stuff, but every other review I have seen as been very positive about SCV minus their closer which I agree. Nobody said you couldn't not like the Knights and be passionate. Just be a little more realistic for Christ's sake. And the reference about Crown wasn't 06, it was last year that you claimed BK would beat them by season's end. Whoever said you had irresponsible teachings? Who said it? Nobody but yourself. You are making up stuff now which puts your reputation on the line. Nobody called you a terrible person. Again you are making up accusations. Chill and take constructive criticism for what it is. Not to make up accusations that nobody has flung your way. But you did say Robbie has written the most amazing difficult drill. It's right here in black and white. What would that imply to others? Geez, stop being so sensitive and taking everything as a personal attack towards you.

Bstar, get a life. the guy is entitled to his opinion. People are laughing at you now...give it up.

I think I just learned a lot - not about Wesley, and the fact that he put 30 exclamation points in his review of the corps he marched for two years - but about you, and the fact that you took the time to count them all. :thumbup:

Geez, stop being so sensitive and taking everything as a personal attack towards you.

Sometimes, the shoe fits...

Bstar, get a life. the guy is entitled to his opinion. People are laughing at you now...give it up.

Absolutely he is entitled to his opinion. I couldn't agree more. But I am also entitled to disagree with that opinion as is anybody on any topic on this site.

Otherwise this would be a pretty boring site.

Wesley,

You keep on being a BK homer.... it's all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that is 30 explamation points, but who's counting?)

:thumbup:

I hope that BK does well this summer too, just as long as they don't catch you-know-who...........

Hope things are well down in Texas,

Larry

Wesley,

You keep on being a BK homer.... it's all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that is 30 explamation points, but who's counting?)

:thumbup:

I hope that BK does well this summer too, just as long as they don't catch you-know-who...........

Hope things are well down in Texas,

Larry

It's nice and hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 101 in SA today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing well my man, how's Florida these days? Humid as hell I bet. I'm a true homer and I'm #### proud of it!! I guess it was all your teachings.

Talk to you later it is good to hear from you!

GO EVIL KNIGHTS :thumbup: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of needing a chill pill or a drink or whatever, Geez! Ok Mr. I read way too much into everything. Let me clarify a couple of quick things. One: When you give constructive criticism I might take it, what you gave was not. (ex:soccer mom quote). Second: I said Robbie wrote the most amazing drill and I meant it for BK! In other words I think it is the best drill he has written to date for BK! Next I brought up my profession to show you I am not some stupid hick cheerleader that knows nothing about drum corps or marching or music. Truth be told, I owe the BK staff the credit for my career. They gave me the tools and philosophies that I use and the where with all to carry it forward. So if I seem passionate about BK then so be it, I owe it to them and enjoy them immensely. Who cares if I predicted BK to beat Crown last year, many people picked everyone to beat BK, did I randomly call them out? How about those that picked Madison back in the top 10 last year, did I go after them, for Crown to win the hornline trophy, did I go after them, the Spurs to repeat, did I go after them, the Cowboys to win it all, the Yankees to.................. I really don't care if you think my post or review is irrelevant or unrealistic, but I am entitled to my opinion and I wrote the review. If you don't like it don't read it, if you want to flame me hard core then have the decency to PM me or at least leave your name. Because I actually have nothing to hide! I wish the best to all corps and oh by the way, the Vanguard has been my favorite corps over the years only second to BK and in some year the Cavaliers. (Was the inspiration to play Sheherezade (sorry spelling) with our HS band in '06) But his years SCV show drags on in my opinion. I don't base my opinion on what others say, I think for myself and I did not care for it. There was not a "Wow" moment like I have seen for them in past years. Maye someone else thinks differently and that's cool. :thumbup: But it still doesn't change how I, you, or anyone else thinks. Hope you have a great season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: ha ha ha couldn't resist the joke.

Wes P

It is embarassing to myself as a Bk friend, fan and huge supporter to have read these unrealistic reviews of the corps.

Its pretty embarrassing to see both of you go back and forth.