I first said it in 2000 on RAMD,

"I can play the notes, but I cannot make the music."

Charles Emerson Winchester III, "M*A*S*H"

One of my fave Winchester lines....because it made him far more human than Frank Burns could ever be (as did his smashing of that record in teh last episode)

but I think it was "I can play the notes, but I can't make it sing"

Either way...great sentiment.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my fave Winchester lines....because it made him far more human than Frank Burns could ever be (as did his smashing of that record in teh last episode)

but I think it was "I can play the notes, but I can't make it sing"

You could be right. However: Major Charles Emerson Winchester III

• 1 year later...
Carolina Crown will be the next new champion of DCI. No, it will not be this year, and it will not be next year, but I do predict that the year 2010 will see Carolina Crown as the DCI Champion.

When I look back and judge this corps as a whole, no by individual years. Their shows have been so entertaining, so crwod pleasing, so unique, and so diverse. I really liked every year except for the "Gods/myths" show, only because it could have been so much better.

2004 was even a great year, sans singing and poetry reading. But since 2004 ? These shows are monsters.

Their presence on the field this year, the confidence, profesionalism, poise and carriage is just amazing and titally remind me of how I felt about Garfield back in 1982, especially that night in August in Bayonne.

The attitude of these kids is also unreal, so frickin nice to talk to and engage in conversation with. They are so gracious when complimenting them and arenot rude when critical, they have a sense of humour and everyone I talked to this year so far just stopped and chatted away as if not a care in the world.

This orgamization is just overflowing with class and they deserve all the success they achieve.

Wow,

Geoffrey

What do you guys think ???

Bump, for some new input

G

i predict in 2010 that whoever scores highest wins

:unhappy:

Definitely won't happen in 2010.

I think they'll have to address their visual deficiencies before that happens. PR got a "bye" in 2008 and I think people (judges) saw that when the dvd's came out. They weren't going to make that mistake again. Sure, it's possible, but until their visual book meets their musical book, I think it's highly improbable