RAMD?

As one of handful of people who was around when RAMD started in the early 90s, I do feel old. It was great when it started, but got out of control quickly.

And I can't believe we're on the third page of RAMD discussion and nobody has brought up C******** B***?

EDIT: I see in the other RAMD discussion, Catherine we mentioned in the second post!

She Who Must Not Be Named! Say it three times and she's gonna show up, I tell you.

RAMD was awesome when I started looking into drum corps. However, about the time Google bought Deja it started getting weird. I checked it again my age-out year and it was so pointless it made me angry. Then it was mentioned on the finals broadcast and I thought, "That's it, drum corps over."

I found this place last year, it's much nicer. And EVERYONE are such good sp3ll0rz!

RAMD is an unmoderated newsgroups and people who don't like GH is the least of it's problems.

Biggest problem is that unmoderated bit as it has become the personal battleground of nitwits who feel brave because they are hidden behind their monitor. Without constantly blocking the posts of smucks like these it's become imposible to find posts discussing DC.

My feelings almost word for word...

It's basically DCP, assuming DCP had no rules and was frequented only by drunken Irish cage-fighters.

OK you had to go there....

As if you could get two of them into a cage!!!

Why drunken Irish though? We're actually lovely friendly people...

I remember actually finding out the Cavaliers won DCI in 1995 via RAMD. I snuck onto my parent's computer late at night, dialed-up (which isn't quiet or sneaky) went on AOL and after about 15 minutes got on RAMD and saw they had won.

I also received a most glorious bashing at one point for the 2001 Crossmen, too. Forgive me if you've read it before....I've posted it on DCP before, but still think it is hilarious.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.ma...916d396a0eeb82f

Lastly, why don't we have a gRAMDie type award for DCP? I really think it would be fun!

Well do I credit or blame RAMD for getting me back into Drum Corps? Was putzing around on our new Internet provider and just for craps and gigles was putting in stray words in the Newsgroup name search engine. After a while I threw in "Drum Corps" as a laugh and image my surprise when a bunch of names popped up. :thumbup: Checked out RAMD and saw that Ream guy and a few other familair names. Then I saw a post about a DC show in Gettysburg and being bored decided I'd go to see if DC still had any iterest for me. As I left I told my wife I might be home early....

Came home a few hours later with info about a local Alumni-type corps which I didn't even know existed. Bought a horn off eBay and joined said corps six months later.

LOL, check the RAMD thread titled "Reserve My Rubber Room" :smile:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

I bailed on RAMD when that Catherine person took over, but I remember her, and Howdy or Mike Schimdt, whatever the heck his name was. Crazy!

I hear ya. Some weird, wild stuff ($1 to Johnny Carson) going on there.

I remember another lady named Connie Breen.....who seemingly was convinced that Vince Bruni of the Empire Statesmen was the evil mastermind behind every deep, dark conspiracy in the history of the world. :thumbup:

Fran

I hear ya. Some weird, wild stuff ($1 to Johnny Carson) going on there.

I remember another lady named Connie Breen.....who seemingly was convinced that Vince Bruni of the Empire Statesmen was the evil mastermind behind every deep, dark conspiracy in the history of the world. :smile:

Fran

He wasn't? :thumbup:

So I feel really out of the loop. Marched Div I from 00-03, and I remember my first year marching people mentioning this RAMD thing. I even remember the corps director asking us to stay off of it, and if we decide to go on there and "get into a pissing match we would lose". Time to check this thing out...

So I feel really out of the loop. Marched Div I from 00-03, and I remember my first year marching people mentioning this RAMD thing. I even remember the corps director asking us to stay off of it, and if we decide to go on there and "get into a pissing match we would lose". Time to check this thing out...

No.... no no no. NO! You will lose your mind. Don't do it!!!!