RAMD?

RAMD has had it's share of characters - thats for sure!

Howdy - Fake Rev. that awarded himself several doctorates from a self-created bible college - he is the loudest trumpet player in the world by the way! :worthy:

Col Jake - don't want to know what he's Smokin :worthy:

Catherine Burr - no explaining her - glad she's gone :worthy:

Mr. Clavejo - speaks a language no one can understand :worthy:

NS787980 - Stumbles in drunk as a skunk every week or two - just to spread the hate :tongue:

AND a host of other individuals who like to call themselves "KOOKS" that cross-post to all sorts of usenet groups - the real problem on RAMD :worthy:

There are several knowledgeable and fun posters there - some are here too.

Sis - always awesome! Great pictures and even better Wit! :worthy:

Jim Blansett - ex VK staff - awesome sense of Humor! :worthy:

Big Rich Soprano = also a great sense of humor! :worthy:

NanciD - enough said - she's awesome - runs a cool drum corps history website :worthy:

Ron Allard - runs an internet drum corps radio station :worthy:

Jazzycat1 - Smart ### that is often hilarious - sometimes not :thumbup:

Charlie Groh - another man with a great wit! :thumbup:

RAMD is not all bad - just have to weed through the crapola to find the fruit! :worthy:

Another list I didn't make.

Another list I didn't make.

Me neither. :thumbup:

I sometimes wonder if notabando and Terrance are the same person.

Me neither. :thumbup:

<TEE HEE >

$1 to "EVERYONE"

Back in the day (early 90's) RAMD was the only place that you could find drum corps scores. The only way you could get scores were if someone went to a show and reported it back to RAMD. Once in a while you got lucky and someone typed up the caption scores!

It is actually quite amazing how things have changed in such a short while. Now you can actually watch video or listen to a corps show and track its progress throughout the summer. Back in the early days of RAMD there was just no way to do that. You had to rely completely on the RAMD community to get your drum corps fix.

that Ream guy can be such an ########

Believe my first thought was "HOLY ####!!! He's still involved in this stuff!!!".

Then later I found out what you had been doing in the 15-20 years since we last saw each other. :smile:

Not to mention that the fact now we can only have a eye-to-eye meeting if you're sitting down. :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Back in the day (early 90's) RAMD was the only place that you could find drum corps scores. The only way you could get scores were if someone went to a show and reported it back to RAMD. Once in a while you got lucky and someone typed up the caption scores!

It is actually quite amazing how things have changed in such a short while. Now you can actually watch video or listen to a corps show and track its progress throughout the summer. Back in the early days of RAMD there was just no way to do that. You had to rely completely on the RAMD community to get your drum corps fix.

I was just thinking about that last night. You had to rely on RAMD for scores, or you had to call

a score line that different corps had set up. (I don't think anyone has them anymore)

Or WAAAAAY back in the day (1990-92) there was 1-900-call-DCI. For only $2.99 a

minute you could get scores from the night before. My how times have changed.

If I'm not mistaken the unmoderated RAMD site led to the evolution of DCP.

Well, truthfully ...

First there was the drum corps sig on Prodigy.

Next came the Drum Corps group on Compuserve

Then Al Gore invented the Internet and there was RAMD.

Therefore, Al Gore invented DCP.