RAMD?

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Biggest problem was not having an admin. Attacks towards or between certain people was one thing but someone PO’ed people on other newsgroups. So you had people come on to throw obscene insults to people not even involved with the original idiotcy. Basically one person starting that crap is why I left.

Not having a moderator was the best part from reading the archives. Someone could just tell off another person and move on. Some names there are here are the same so they might not like it that much. Looked like in one of the dci sex offensive threads there were some bullying going on. 

53 minutes ago, Swamptihs said:

Not having a moderator was the best part from reading the archives. Someone could just tell off another person and move on. Some names there are here are the same so they might not like it that much. Looked like in one of the dci sex offensive threads there were some bullying going on. 

I’m thinking of things that went further than an argument gone over the edge. If two or so people want to make idiots out of themselves that’s their problem. And sometimes entertaining enough to get popcorn. 😈

I left when the non RAMD people came on and started threads with titles like “(RAMD poster name) does (perverted sexual act)” over and over. Wilson doesn’t like off topic, well got so bad you had trouble finding DC related threads. And if you did, the same garbage was posted in there. Just a mod to block these idiots would have been a huge help.

• Like 1

Hmm searching sucks but appears I last posted to RAMD right after DCA 2008. Then I happen to see the thread complaining about “censorship” here, followed by comments that are classic “anonymous keyboard warrior bravery” (IOW stuff they’d be scared to say to someone in person). 🤪

And oh yeah.. the woman who on weekends would claim Jeff and I were the same person. 🙄

10 hours ago, Continental said:

One poster I remember the most, loved to brag about the high notes he could play on his trumpet....

he's been banned here a few times under various names

10 hours ago, Continental said:

One guy had a Jetta, but I don't remember his first name......

Joe

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

I miss Notabando. 

Sigh....

gagababababababbababbbbbyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagagababababababbababbbbbye
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagagababababababbababbbbbyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagaga
babababababbababbbbbyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagagababababababbababbbbbyeaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ook

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Continental said:

I went into the RAMD archives today.

Periodically some on here post that DCP is becoming like RAMD.

Nothing could be further from the truth.  I was a regular viewer on RAMD and some of the stuff I saw today still shocked me.   

not even close. i admit i was no saint there. 

18 hours ago, Continental said:

One poster I remember the most, loved to brag about the high notes he could play on his trumpet....

I remember him. He was something else!